SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Sage User

Plextor TV-402U + WHS + 6.5.6 beta = software encoder error?

<disclaimer> I'm not sure if this issue is beta related or WHS related.</disclaimer> (and yes, I've just submitted a bug report )

I've had a pair of Plextor ConvertX TV-402U's connected to my existing Sage server running 6.4.8 and SD capture has been fine. I recently built a WHS box and decided to make that my new Sage server. I moved one of the Plextor's over to it and got the drivers installed fine (the Plextor shows up as installed and functioning in device manager). I installed the Sage for WHS 6.5.6 beta without any problems until I attempted to setup the Plextor as a video source. When the video preview attempts to load I get:

"There was a Capture Error in playback. Details: ERROR (-7,0x80070057): There was a problem setting up software audio compression."

Thinking this might simply be a problem with the fact WHS is really a server OS and is probably missing components for proper playback I pointed a Placeshifter client at the WHS box, completed video source setup, and attempted to watch live TV and received the same error.

Other misc. information:
1. WHS hardware - WHS (PP1), AMD X2 dual-core 3800+, 2GB DDR2-800, GA-MA74GM-S2 740G, 2X1TB WD Green drives
2. Per other WHS related forum posts I configured Sage to run as a service via the local admin account. For testing Sage's only recording directly was in the root of C:\ and limited to 5GB.
3. All testing was done using only the coax input on the Plextor hooked up to analog cable.
4. I'm using the latest Plextor driver version 2.022 that are posted on their website.

On a side note - does anyone running Sage on WHS have a TV-402U working?
Old 01-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Sage User

FIXED!

Sage support sent me an updated .ax file that resolved the issue. I'm happy to report that my Plextor TV-402U is working flawlessly on WHS!
Old 01-17-2009, 07:18 PM
Sage User

I have a plextor with a similiar issue. Could I get the ax file to try?
Old 01-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Sage

The fixes are in the new installer for WHS.