SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

help...

I have a hauppauge hd pvr, pace hd cable box from time warner cable, and sage hd theater box.

I successfully can view internet content from the sage hd theater and setup dhcp. I cannot however see any SageTv servers found on the network. -- any ideas?

Also with the hauppauge hd pvr it will tune to the current channel but not change channels. I'm wondering where to place the IR blaster that came with the box. I installed the hauppauge software and drivers already as well.

For now I can only view the currently tuned channel from the sagetv server.

Also, when setting up the haupauge hd pvr the basic and medium playback seem to work - but standard setting creates a sage.PlaybackExceptioin Error -40x800040217. There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback
Old 01-10-2009, 10:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by profit View Post
I have a hauppauge hd pvr, pace hd cable box from time warner cable, and sage hd theater box.

I successfully can view internet content from the sage hd theater and setup dhcp. I cannot however see any SageTv servers found on the network. -- any ideas?

Also with the hauppauge hd pvr it will tune to the current channel but not change channels. I'm wondering where to place the IR blaster that came with the box. I installed the hauppauge software and drivers already as well.

For now I can only view the currently tuned channel from the sagetv server.

Also, when setting up the haupauge hd pvr the basic and medium playback seem to work - but standard setting creates a sage.PlaybackExceptioin Error -40x800040217. There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback
Let's tackle one piece at a time, as far as getting the Sage Server / HD200 communicating, first off did you set the option to enable Extenders with your Sage Software? Secondly, what about firewalls on your Sage Server? They need to be turned off (or at least allow Sage to bypass) otherwise the HD200 and your Sage Server cannot communicate. If these two are right, then it sounds like a networking issue. Can you access network shares from the HD200?
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 01-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

update but different problems...

Yesterday I could record and view in Sage but couldn't change channels on haupauge device.

Today -
-my sage theater now works as an extender.
-my IR blaster works for haupauge hdpvr - I can change channels from IR blaster config application

However ----
Sage refuses to see the haupauge as a video source to setup
ArcSoft capture software displays the source video cable and can capture so I don't think it is a haupauge hd dvr issue.

A setting I am unsure of is whether to enable sage tv server so that I can use SageTv Client --- I'm using Sage Theater box not the clients to my knowledge so in my opinion this should be no - disable the server

I'm on 6.4.8.184 with stv file set version 20080902

I believe I updated all of the haupauge drivers to the latest downloaded from the website.

Not really sure what to do next. It is odd because yesterday I could record in sage - today I can't due to lack of video source....

Any help is appreciated. And sorry if I haven't better RTFM.

Last edited by profit; 01-11-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by profit View Post
And sorry if I haven't better RTFM.
We all do it, jump in with both feet and try to figure it out because we can't wait. There are a lot of things that we can treat this way and then come back to read the fine manual afterwards to fill in the gaps.
Having done this myself I would like to point out that however tempting it is, Sage is one of those that you are better off to read it through at least twice before you even begin to set it up. It is a complex beast that can bite you at every opportunity but it will reward patience handsomely. It can be a simple set up 'if' the hardware is right. Just don't assume you can get away with treating setup like the average dvd recorder.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

progress

Well in the morning I restarted Sage TV, the haupauge hdpvr and checked the server setting (as I read more thoroughly on next setup screen).

I also had to update the drivers for the IR blaster config to the irblast_7.1.26273.exe file. Code 0129 on a Pace 550P cable box works fine for me.

The question that I have now is:
- I configured the video playback for the haupauge hd prvr as basic and that tested ok. However when I attempt to configure video playback to medium, standard, or advanced I receive an error such as:
There was a Playback Error in playback. Details: sage.PlaybackException: ERROR (-4,080040217): There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback.

I noticed that Standard playback requires Overlay Renderer, SAGETV MPEG VIDEO DECODER, 3D Acceleration on and advanced requires VMR9 Renderer rather than the Overlay Renderer...

I also saw some screens to make changes but when I did it generated errors.

Candidly I don't know enough about this stuff. In the Sage TV manual on page 174 to 175 it discusses some of the options required for medium, standard, or advanced playback. I guess at this point I don't know what I am missing...

Thanks for responding!
Old 01-11-2009, 08:52 AM
SageTVaholic

It's a prelimary setup. Pick the one that works for now. Finish the setup and then reboot the whole thing and go into SageTV client and test functionallity. (Go to Program Guide and record a segment that uses that tuner.) Now go into Detaled Setup-Video/Audio and begin to choose the Arcsoft decoders (you should install TME on the PC client you're using or just use an extender-no tuning, just play)or Cyberlink PowerDVD 8. (If you don't have it buy it.) These are the two that will play your HD-PVR recordings best from a PC. The HD100 or HD200 play them even better right out of the box. But on a PC test the different video and audio renderers and decoders to sort out what's best for you.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.