SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Recorder Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Recorder Software Discussion related to the SageTV Recorder application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Recorder should be posted here.

Old 03-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Recorder doesn't put any data in file

I've had this problem ever since I had SageRecorder, but forgot to mention it as it happens quite rarely, but is very annoying when it does.

The logs say everything is fine, all the setups were fine. The scheduled recording triggered and there is a file on my HDD with the correct name and timestamp. The SageRecorder window is updating to say it has written 'n' minutes and 'nn' Mbs of data so far.

The only problem is, when you go to play the file later, it's empty!! Sage _said_ it was writing to the file, but in fact not a single byte went in, yet there are not errors reported anywhere.

Anyone else seen this or got a fix for it?
Old 03-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Are you still using the PV256T ??
If so Provideos app used to do that to me on occasions as well as Sage Recorder.
It is odd for Sage to do it as the preview screen is the decoded stream.
I never found the reason why.
I used to keep the Live video directory open and refresh it to make sure the file was being written.
If memory serves me correctly it only ever did it when I had been doing lots of tests with different profiles. I can't remember that it did it after a reboot.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes I am, very much so. Since swapping to the newer motherboard, the PV256T has been a solid performer and works very well.

I've not been tweaking any profiles for some months as I've got everything settled to configurations that I like. As I said, it only does it very rarely and you say it's never done it after a reboot?

Maybe I should schedule the PC to do a restart once a week at a quiet time in the middle of the night just to keep things clean and flush out any Windoze funnies.

Thanks Ian.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:38 AM
Sage User

Hi,

It happens to me a couple of times. The only way to solve this is to reboot the pc. It could happen right after you program the scheduler or when hit the record button. Though I have plenty of space left, but you have to monitor the written size in the recorder application displayes as it recorded the show. If data does not increase and stays at 0 which means you have to reboot. I try to log out and log in. It won't work. You have to reboot and everything is normal after that. I did not report this since it just happens two times and now it seems to disappear.

Good luck!

tafguy