SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Sage User

Angry Hauppauge WIN-TV-PVR-500

first let me say i had problems from the get go with my pvr500 when i switched from linux to windows, basically anytime i lost power and occassionally when i rebooted, i would have to reinstall the card and sometimes i had to reinstall it a couple times and my machine would lock up, but if i did tuner 2 than tuner 1 it would work, but basically it would work for months at a time, well i just reimaged my machine for other reasons. long story short i at first experienced the same problems as before, finally got it working. a few days later my pc was black screen and unresponsive, rebooted it card would not install tried all sorts of things and now i cannot get it to install at all, changed pci slots etc. so i'm thinking of reimaging one more time and seeing if i can get it back to at least tollerable.

My simple question is, can anyone tell me what device there pvr 500 is listed as in device manager and maybe what version of the driver they have?

I use the HCWPP2.inf file, but have choices of:
23xxx tuner 1
23xxx tuner 2
23xxx tuner 1 nfp
23xxx tuner 2 nfp
25xxx
26xxx
etc..... i used to think pci slot 3 bus 8 was tuner 1 and pci slot 3 bus was tuner 2, maybe i should not be using one of these, not real sure to be honest, that's what i had in the past and maybe that's part of my problem, using the hauppauge tool, does not find a compatible device, so that is out of the question, i just want to make sure this time when i install it, i am using the correct driver, so i know it's a bad card.....

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2009, 03:36 PM
SageTVaholic

You don't happen to have a VIA chipset on that motherboard, do you? That chipset was notorious for not working with SageTV and various tuner cards. I'm not sure exactly what the problem was but there was never a solution except for replacing the mb. This was quite a while ago but incase you're using it I thought I would throw it out there. I'm pretty sure with the latest drivers it will detect what tuner card you have and install the appropriate drivers. The other thing I use to do was disable any other ports that were using an IRQ (like the printer port, serial ports, game pot, etc.) to free up as many IRQs as possible and installing the card after that was done.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Sage User

Card is Dead

so i reloaded my pc and could not get the 500 working from scratch, so i think it is officially dead. so now the question is, do i buy another 500 (if i can find one) to go with my 250?

I'm really paranoid about it not working with again, but I really need 3 tuners and cannot upgrade my pc yet, so i am stuck with PCI and not PCI-Express. I would be willing to scrap my 250 as well if someone can give me an idea of what to do.

I think what I'm currently considering is scrap the 250 and buy 3 identical single tuners or scrap the 250 and buy a dual tuner and single tuner that hopefully all play nice together.

I suppose I could keep the 250 and buy either 2 more tuners or a dual tuner that I know will work with it.....

what would YOU do?

Tags
500, dual tuner, hauppauge