SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the friendly suggestions. WireShark opened my eyes to a second DHCP server which was setting my HTPC to an IP/Subnet/Gateway that was outside my normal range, different than my other PCs and MVP. I had to replace an 8 port gigabit switch a couple months ago and apparently I screwed up the wiring when I hooked up the new one. My cable modem was incorrectly reconnected directly to the new switch rather than going to my router first then back to the new switch. The cable modem and switch are in the basement, the router is upstairs for better wireless coverage. I rewired and rebooted everything and the MVP lives once again. Thanks again.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Sage User

it now works

I don't know how, but it now works. Last night, I went to run wireshark...so I brought the mvp to the computer room and hooked it up to the tv there. And it just started working perfectly? So I took it back to the room it was in and it still worked. So I would think that would mean I didn't have a cord plugged in correctly... however, I checked the cords three times before I made my first post. So I don't know but it does work properly now. thanks everyone for your help.

Other guesses of why it didn't work before. The original room that it was hooked up in had an older CAT5 not CAT5e cord that was 100 feet long. Maybe that had something to do with it, I don't know.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Sage Icon

I would think the most likely reason that it starting working is that you had to disconnect power to move it. I suspect that when you powered it off, you still had the Hauppauge or beyond software still running. Therefore, that software was reloaded when you reapplied power. After you moved it, it was able to upload the Sage mvp.bin file properly.

For those who encounter this type of issue with the wireless verson, I find it needs to be powered off for a much longer time. I recommend at least 15 minutes.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.