SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

hd-pvr lights

I just installed my HD-PVR and it appears to be tuning and recording fine. Its unclear to me what the lights on the hd-pvr should be doing when sage is using it to tune a channel. When I used the stand alone app for a manual recording, I saw a big blue light. Now with sage, I do not see anything like that. In my case it would be nice to have the big blue light when recording so that my fiance(or me) won't change the channel on the STB and ruin the recording.

** I did a hard reset of my PC and HD-PVR and now the lights are working.

Last edited by bbig119; 01-04-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:24 AM

It should be a Red Ligth not Blue, The Blue Ligth mean it power on where Red Ligth mean it in Rec Mode and Yellow Ligth mean there a problem with device.
This know problem with latest 1.0.5.3 driver
Old 01-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

The bright blue led light around the top of the HD PVR is called "bling lights". If you go into the TME software under record click on Fomat Settings. You should see a box with the label "Disable Bling Lights". Check it to turn off the lights, uncheck it to turn it on while recording.

Clients: HD200, HD300, Win7 Desktop

Capture Devices: Hauppauge Colossus & 1 HDHR, TV Service: Verizon FIOS
Old 01-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Sage Icon

On mine the little blue LED stays on (Power) and both the red LED and the blue Bling LED turn on during recording. The "Disable Bling Lights" check box in TME disables both the Bling LED and the red recording LED for me.

Also, the check box is cleared whenever the system is rebooted so I just put up with the annoying blue bling light now. The Sage server, HD-PVR's and cable boxes will eventually go into a network closet where the lights won't be able to annoy me anymore.

S
Old 01-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

For the moment I like the bling light. Its hard to ignore and with only one cable box at the moment, I can train my fiance to leave the cable box alone when that light is on.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbig119 View Post
For the moment I like the bling light. Its hard to ignore and with only one cable box at the moment, I can train my fiance to leave the cable box alone when that light is on.
I think she has you snowed...
Old 01-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
I think she has you snowed...
Probably right on multiple levels. In this case, the worst that happens is that I miss a few recordings and rent a second STB.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
On mine the little blue LED stays on (Power) and both the red LED and the blue Bling LED turn on during recording. The "Disable Bling Lights" check box in TME disables both the Bling LED and the red recording LED for me.

Also, the check box is cleared whenever the system is rebooted so I just put up with the annoying blue bling light now. The Sage server, HD-PVR's and cable boxes will eventually go into a network closet where the lights won't be able to annoy me anymore.

S
So there are three lights: blue, red and yellow? Anyone else want to chime in on what the HD-PVR lights mean?
Old 09-08-2009, 06:58 PM
SageTVaholic

My bling light never worked. SO I have the blue power light and a sort of orange light when it records. That's it. My was one of the first C1's.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

My Bling light works during recordings with the 1.5.6 drivers but not at all with 1.0.5.301 drivers
Old 09-08-2009, 08:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryt View Post
My Bling light works during recordings with the 1.5.6 drivers but not at all with 1.0.5.301 drivers
I guess my bling light works - it's the blue glow that runs the distance around the unit and projects upwards? that one works with liatest software
Old 09-09-2009, 11:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryt View Post
ok, now my bling light doesn't seem to work - doesn't matter if I'm recording, playing back or just watching, the only light is the tiny blue one on the front. Wow - this thing is just soooooo buggy.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

What does it mean when the BLUE Bling light on top of the HD PVR goes off for about a second and then back on when a recording is in session? Was the recording affected?

SageTV does not show the read ICON error (or any errors), so I am not sure if it was an error on the HD PVR that SageTV was able to correct in time and not affect the recording or will I have a recording with problems?

Last edited by joe123; 12-25-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Sage Icon

If you have a dedicated cable box for the HD-PVR and another cable box for the TV, then you never have to worry about accidentally changing the channel while the HD-PVR is recording. I have three cable boxes. One for the HD-PVR, and one for each our main TVs. You can then watch cable TV without SageTV and the HD-PVR can still record cable TV. The downside is an extra monthly cable box rental fee, which is probably worth it to avoid arguments about changing the cable box channels while a recording is in progress.

Dave
Old 12-26-2009, 04:07 AM
Sage Fanatic

I have a dedicated cable box just for the HD PVR.

What I noticed, is that when the HD PVR is recording, sometimes the Top Bling Blue light goes off for a second and then it comes back on again (during a recording).

When this happens, is the recording affected? (skips, etc?)
Old 12-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Sage Icon

I see that occasionally with my hd-pvr's and usually the recording is not affected. It does usually mean that the recording ends up in multiple files.

S
Old 12-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Sage Fanatic

I have been noticing that every once in a while, the HD PVR top BLUE light goes out for about 1 second and then comes back again. SageTV reports no errors.

I have also noticed that some of my HD recordings, especially the 1080i recordings have some skips which may correspond to the time when the HD PVR blue bling light went off and back on for a sec. I am trying to figure out if there is a correspondence?

Anyone else getting skips in their recordings with the HD PVR?
Old 01-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123 View Post
I have been noticing that every once in a while, the HD PVR top BLUE light goes out for about 1 second and then comes back again. SageTV reports no errors.

I have also noticed that some of my HD recordings, especially the 1080i recordings have some skips which may correspond to the time when the HD PVR blue bling light went off and back on for a sec. I am trying to figure out if there is a correspondence?

I wanted to follow up on the fix I found that may help others having similar issues.

Here are the 3 things I did that got the HD PVR to now record without a single skip in the recording for me:
  • I installed a quality PCI card that can do USB 2.0 and Firewire
  • Switch SageTV to run as a Service
  • Set SageTVservice.exe to run High priority.
I believe the single most important impact was getting a quality PCI USB card to which the HD PVR is now connected to.

P.S. I had SageTV with RealTime priority and that made things worse. High priority seems to be the best choice and switching from SageTV.exe to SageTVservice.exe running as a service helped a lot.

EDIT: DID NOT WORK IN THE LONG RUN.

Last edited by joe123; 06-16-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123 View Post

I started having the same issue for days ago. Before that it was SOLID! I got a virus and cleanned up my system (I cannot do a fresh install right now). Notice my sagetv also freezes up when HDPVR is starting and stopping while recording. If I don't have the HDPVR recording then everything is smooth and I get recordings form my pvr500 and HDhomeruns. I currently trying to trouble shoot and get it back on track.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
I started having the same issue for days ago. Before that it was SOLID! I got a virus and cleanned up my system (I cannot do a fresh install right now). Notice my sagetv also freezes up when HDPVR is starting and stopping while recording. If I don't have the HDPVR recording then everything is smooth and I get recordings form my pvr500 and HDhomeruns. I currently trying to trouble shoot and get it back on track.
Checking to see if you ever got you HD PVR fixed? No more HD PVR top blue bling light going off and back on during recordings?