SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-28-2003, 08:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Always Channel 33 after Sleep Restore

Hello Folks,

Every time I restore version 1.2.8 from sleep, my PVR-250 is set to channel 33. Any idea why the program keeps setting the card to this channel? Any way to stop this from happening?

I would like to have it restore to the channel it was in when I put it into sleep.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 04-28-2003, 09:45 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

When you restore SageTV from sleep mode, it will be set to the last channel it was recording. When you restored SageTV, was it showing a recording on channel 33 in the SageGuide under "Recording Schedule"?
Old 04-28-2003, 10:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

The software seems to be stuck on channel 33. I changed the channel to 22 (HBO) and put SageTV to sleep. I restored the software and it was again set to channel 33.

I next changed to channel 22 again and recorded about 10 seconds of a program. I stopped the record process and put SageTV into sleep again. When I restored it the channel was again set to 33.

Every time I restore the program it shows an entry for channel 33 in the Recording Schedule list. I don't know why it keeps showing up as I delete the entry every time I awaken the program. The channel 33 entry in the Recording Schedule list also obscures one of the two other entries I have for shows I want recorded.

When I delete the channel 33 entry, both of my intended choices show up. After the program goes into sleep and is then restored, only one of my intended choices shows up, along with channel 33 in the Recording Schedule list.
Old 04-28-2003, 12:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

This is definately different behavior to what I see. If I'm watching a station and 'Z' SageTV to Sleep, upon restore, I'm back watching that station.

The only similar behavior I've seen is that every time I launch SageTV, and then go into TV mode directly, it goes to Channel 70. This is not the highest numbered station, but close to it.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Intelligent Recording is Cause

Well, I found that by enabling the Intelligent Recording option the software does not keep returning to ch 33 every time it comes out of sleep. If IR is turned off, the software always defaults to ch 33.

This can't be by design; it's a bug right?

Steve
Old 04-28-2003, 04:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have the same thing without intelligent recording turned on. Except my cards favorite channel is 71.

John Meeks
Old 04-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Sage

Yeah Steve, that sounds like a bug to me to. I'll look into it and get back to this thread.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:48 AM
Sage Fanatic

For the record, my SageTV's "favorite" channel is 105 when I have the intelligent recording turned off.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

when intelligent recording is off and you aren't recording anything, but press TV, mine always goes to AMC (not sure what channel number this is). I just assumed it was some kind of alphabetical thing...
Old 04-29-2003, 12:35 PM
Sage

What it's currently using the first channel object that appears in the DB, it's sort of random which is first for each system. This is fixed this for 1.3 so it will go to the last channel you had on.