SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3 View Post
Why doesn't Sage automatically do that? Isn't that the whole point of the configuration option for "set up Hauppauge 34 button remote" (or 45 button remote, as the case may be), which I enabled when I installed. Is that not the case?
That option is for using the Hauppauge remote with the Hauppauge receiver, not using the Hauppauge remote with any other receiver.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

I don't want to use it with any other receiver. What I'm saying is that it's not working with the Hauppauge receiver. I went in today to manually map the commands, and nothing happened. When it said, "press the button on your remote", I did, but Sage did not recognize it. The IR app is running, but nothing is happening.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I don't want to use it with any other receiver. What I'm saying is that it's not working with the Hauppauge receiver. I went in today to manually map the commands, and nothing happened. When it said, "press the button on your remote", I did, but Sage did not recognize it. The IR app is running, but nothing is happening.
Oh, then see the FAQ:

How do I use the Hauppauge remote to control SageTV? When I press a button, nothing happens.

There are other possibilities, such as having multiple Hauppauge tuners capable of using an IR receiver but no receiver is hooked up to the tuner that the Hauppauge IR software is trying to use.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks, but my irremote.ini is already configured properly. And I only have one Hauppauge tuner, the HD-PVR, which has a built in IR receiver, no?
Old 08-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Administrator

In that case, see the discussion of testing use of the remote via loading debug.txt in notepad. As I said previously in this topic: if that doesn't work, then contact Hauppuage.

- Andy
Old 08-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Are you using the SPDIF input for audio? If so go back to page one and read the responses from Hauppauge tech support. Simply put the use of SPDIF in disables the IR sensor.

My suggestion would be to use the L+R analog inputs. It has been my experience though that using the IR sensor on the HDPVR leads to instability. My suggestion would be to use a different IR sensor.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Are you using the SPDIF input for audio? If so go back to page one and read the responses from Hauppauge tech support. Simply put the use of SPDIF in disables the IR sensor.

My suggestion would be to use the L+R analog inputs. It has been my experience though that using the IR sensor on the HDPVR leads to instability. My suggestion would be to use a different IR sensor.
I thought that was only for the newest HD-PVR drivers??? I'm using the original ones. Still, I'll try it with the L+R and see if that works. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

That did it. Evidently the problem is NOT limited to just the newest drivers. Thanks!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:47 AM

I have been trying to figure out how to get my remote to work with sage, going from post to post

where is this irremote.ini file suppose to be ? in the sagetv/common/remotes/hauppage IR blaster directory?

I found this link with 3 files
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...2101#post32101

but how do I install it?
Old 09-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesX View Post
I have been trying to figure out how to get my remote to work with sage, going from post to post

where is this irremote.ini file suppose to be ? in the sagetv/common/remotes/hauppage IR blaster directory?

I found this link with 3 files
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...2101#post32101

but how do I install it?
Assuming you have installed the remote software from hauppauge, irremote.ini is located in in the c:\windows directory. The only difference I have from the method you have posted in your link is in the [default] section

I have, GRNPOWER={run(C:\Progra~1\SageTV\SageTV\SageTV.exe -awake)}
Old 09-18-2009, 10:53 AM

tx for the reply, yes I have installed and confirmed that the file is in the proper directory,

do I just replace this file with basic irremote ini or the new or the sage commands file?

what are the steps involved?
tx for any help
Old 01-03-2010, 01:54 AM
Sage Icon

This is the first thread I found in the search, so it's the one getting revivied.

I struggled for about 30 minutes trying to figure out why on a completely clean XP Pro SP3 install, with the HD PVR drivers and software installed off the box CD, and then SageTV installed w/ remote support, that the remote is not working.

Well for some strange reason Hauppaugge scripted the "install drivers" setup to NOT install the remote software! And there is no option for it on the cd's setup menu.

Ran it manually off the CD through explorer, downloaded Andy's ini file, Restart IR, start SageTV, and voila.

Hope this helps future HD PVR purchasers..
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming