SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Sage User

Unhappy Extender Going Dark When Connecting to WHS - FIXED

I have had one extender hooked to my TV for a month. Everything was great.

I just got a new TV and swapped out the old one a few days ago. Everything was great.

This morning I took the old tv into the bedroom, hooked up the extender. It found the network and seemed to be working well. Unfortunately, everything was not great.

As I was trying to configure it (important stuff like the background image) I went through a reboot (I don't remember why). However, after going all of the way through the connecting to server screen like normal, the screen just goes black. Nothing. Nada.

Worse yet, the same thing is now happening on my other extender. But I didn't even touch that one (other than to watch some TV this a.m.).

I am running SageMC and WHS. Everything has been fine until now.

HELP!
Sage Server = HP Pavilion M9250f w/ WHS, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 (K) (2.66GHz), 4GB DDR2 800, ,2 x 500GB SATA 3G 7200RPM (in share), 1 x 1TB WD Green 3G (not in share). 2xHD-PVR hooked up via USB TV Translators recording from 2 DirecTV HD. 2 SageTV HD-100s hooked up via Cat 6 network. SageTV 7.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Sage User

Fixed

After lots and lots of fiddling, a reboot to the server seems to have fixed it!
Sage Server = HP Pavilion M9250f w/ WHS, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 (K) (2.66GHz), 4GB DDR2 800, ,2 x 500GB SATA 3G 7200RPM (in share), 1 x 1TB WD Green 3G (not in share). 2xHD-PVR hooked up via USB TV Translators recording from 2 DirecTV HD. 2 SageTV HD-100s hooked up via Cat 6 network. SageTV 7.