SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Sage User

HD-PVR, WHS, HP MediaSmart Server

I recently connected a Hauppauge HD-PVR to my HP Mediasmart Server running Windows Home Server. I installed the latest driver and ArcSoft software on the headless Mediasmart server via Remote Desktop. I'm not exactly sure how I got it working, but after installing, removing, and reinstalling the software a few times I was able to get video and change channels through the HD-PVR.

The problem I am having is changing the settings with the ArcSoft software. I stop the SageTV serivce through the console and then remote desktop into the server. When I open the ArcSoft Total Media Extreme software and select the record option, I get a message that the device is not accessable or is being used by another application. Has anyone else experienced this? What else should I try? Please help.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

As I recall this happened to me awhile back. I think I solved it by updating the TME software since I hadn't done so since I originally installed it. It might have been a HDPVR driver / TME client version issue. YMMV.
Capture: 1 x HDHR (Both tuning QAM); 1 x HD-PVR C2 (Component to Moto DCH-3200 - Channel change via Firewire);
Extenders: 2 x STX-HD100; 1 x HD-300 (Panny G20 50" Plasma, Sony 32" LCD, Sammy 26 " LCD)
Old 04-06-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOS64K View Post
As I recall this happened to me awhile back. I think I solved it by updating the TME software since I hadn't done so since I originally installed it. It might have been a HDPVR driver / TME client version issue. YMMV.
I've been trying without success the past few days to get the HD PVR to work with my HP470. I get the same "device is not accessable or is being used by another application" error that seems to plague alot of users. Can you tell me what version of drivers you are using and also the version of TME you have.

Thanks
Old 04-09-2009, 09:00 AM

I decided to follow up my post for anyone in the future who has the same problems.

If you are running a headless WHS, and using the Hauppauge HD PVR, you cannot get a connection through Remote Desktop! The only way I was able to achieve success was to use a VNC connection. I used UltraVNC but there are many other free versions besides this.

And if you have trouble setting up the VNC connection, which you most likely will, do a google search on "install ultravnc with Remote Desktop" to find a ton of help. I used http://forum.ultravnc.info/viewtopic.php?t=8041
Old 04-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Sage User

Check this post for a resolution to this problem - connect a monitor, keyboard and mouse directly to your WHS:

http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_p...?TID=2095&PN=1

Tags
hd-pvr, hp mediasmart, whs