SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Sage User

I am using 2 1600's 2 QAM inputs and 1 Analog they work great.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Using 2 HVR-1600

Since we are on the topic of using 2 HVR-1600s at the same time.....

Just put in a 2nd 1600 card, and XP recognizes it, as does SageTV in 'setup video sources'. to confirm both cards work, put in one at a time, and both can capture HD channels perfectly. But the issue arises when they are both in at the same time.

Using the same Digital lineup (cablevision), only one of the cards will correctly tune in the channel i intend, lets say CBS-HD. If i try to tune CBS-HD (off the same lineup) on the 2nd HVR-1600, it will play a PBS channel. This also happens with NBC-HD, where the 2nd will play NBC weather (mind you the 1st one does get the NBC-HD, the 2nd gets the weather -- and these are the same lineup, so same mapping for each tuner.) Of course, I am not trying to tune the same channel at the same time with both tuners (not possible). I do notice that the 2nd one will take a channel off the same ditigal channel (for CBS/PBS they are on 92, but subchannel for CBS is 2 and for PBS is 13).

I have removed sources and rescanned many times. Anyone see this and figure it out? Thanks
Old 12-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Sage User

sabre, wish I could help you out, but since I haven't really gotten started I don't have anything to add. I'm sure someone here can though. I'll be sure to hit you up with questions about Cablevision qam once I get a card and get started.

Right now I'm waffling between the Hauppauge 1600 and 2250. I know the 2250 is a step up in price, but it has the ability to record 2 at once with 2 qam, 2 analog or 1 of each. Figure it would avoid the issues many of you are having with adding a 2nd tuner to the system. I just can't find as many opinions on the 2250 as there are on the 1600 (I guess because it's newer).
Old 12-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverines View Post
Right now I'm waffling between the Hauppauge 1600 and 2250. I know the 2250 is a step up in price, but it has the ability to record 2 at once with 2 qam, 2 analog or 1 of each. Figure it would avoid the issues many of you are having with adding a 2nd tuner to the system. I just can't find as many opinions on the 2250 as there are on the 1600 (I guess because it's newer).
I'm not sure the 2250 is supported by Sage. It's not on the list.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbyrd View Post
I'm not sure the 2250 is supported by Sage. It's not on the list.
It's not officially supported but I'm sure it will be at some point. Some users have it working already from what I can tell.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre View Post
Since we are on the topic of using 2 HVR-1600s at the same time.....

Just put in a 2nd 1600 card, and XP recognizes it, as does SageTV in 'setup video sources'. to confirm both cards work, put in one at a time, and both can capture HD channels perfectly. But the issue arises when they are both in at the same time.

Using the same Digital lineup (cablevision), only one of the cards will correctly tune in the channel i intend, lets say CBS-HD. If i try to tune CBS-HD (off the same lineup) on the 2nd HVR-1600, it will play a PBS channel. This also happens with NBC-HD, where the 2nd will play NBC weather (mind you the 1st one does get the NBC-HD, the 2nd gets the weather -- and these are the same lineup, so same mapping for each tuner.) Of course, I am not trying to tune the same channel at the same time with both tuners (not possible). I do notice that the 2nd one will take a channel off the same ditigal channel (for CBS/PBS they are on 92, but subchannel for CBS is 2 and for PBS is 13).

I have removed sources and rescanned many times. Anyone see this and figure it out? Thanks
i figured out a rigged solution. just added an ota lineup, scanned, then mapped to same channel in the cable lineup. now they both work (so far)
Old 12-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

that did not last long. for a while it works fine, but then it goes back to wrong or no signal. still seeking a solution.

[edit-for anyone interested, after a reboot the signal does hold on the 2nd card. has been good for a few days. hope it lasts.]

Last edited by sabre; 01-04-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

How to you skip preview?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
I have 2 in my server and they are terrific. I record OTA HD via antenna in my attic and analog cable via Comcast.

The only glitch was during the setup phase when Sage tries to show a preview. It hung there, so I just skipped that step.

Other than that they've been great.
I'm having this problem (but with a Hauppauge USB2 tuner). After I select "TV Tuner" (It's hooked to analog cable), it hangs when showing a preview, but I don't see any way to skip the preview. How do I make it move on?
Old 01-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCRUser View Post
I'm having this problem...
Just as a quick note of info...

What OS are you running... XP or Vista?

-Jason
Old 01-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Just as a quick note of info...

What OS are you running... XP or Vista?

-Jason
XP SP2. I did discover that I could get past the "preparing preview" by hitting esc, but then still couldn't tune in any channels with SAGE on the USB2 (WinTV 2000 successfully tunes the USB2 to the cable channels, btw, so I know that the device is working & recognized by Windows).

I've been in contact with Sage tech support, and so far they've suggested the latest beta, an updated JAR file,and a registry entry specific to the USB2. So far, none of these ahs helped, and I have about 3 days left on the trial period. I'm not wedded to the USB2 and am thinking of adding a Hauppauge 1600, but don't want to keep throwing $ down the hold if I can't get things to work.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

I picked up a pair of 1600's mid-last year at CC for $49 apiece and have been using them both with no problems ever since. I am using all four tuners for both analog cable and clear QAM on Comcast (and also one of the s-video inputs). I experienced the preview issue mentioned earlier in this thread, but skipping over it worked fine. I did have a problem for a while with SageTV not finding any clear QAM channels even though WinTV did. But once I found this post, replaced my DShowCapture.dll with the one in the post, the stars aligned and everything worked great. No problems since.