SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-24-2004, 10:08 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to TiltRod Send a message via MSN to TiltRod Send a message via Yahoo to TiltRod
v2 beta 13 Record Start/Stop Adjustment Problem

Sage will not accept any adjustments to the start or stop times in the recording options pane. It just sits there. It apparently will not register the Enter/Ok commands. It will continue to accept left/right to change the minutes but at a slower rate. Additionally, I cannot escape to the home or guide screens, so the only alternative is to Task kill it in the manager and restart.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Strange... I just set a manual recording to try this on my client via keyboard & server via the remote and had no problems. I did this with a manual recording.

Any further details on what you are doing?

- Andy
Old 02-25-2004, 06:49 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to TiltRod Send a message via MSN to TiltRod Send a message via Yahoo to TiltRod
apparently the problem resides in the restored beta 12 wiz.bin and bak files. when restoring from 12, beta 13 will not respond to manual recording request; whether add a new recording or modifying a restored one. luckily, i didn't have too many recordings and this is just a matter of starting with a new wiz.bin.

Anybody know if the beta 12 wiz files are not compatible, or is this isolated to me?

-D

p.s. - sorry for the delay, 4 hr power outage.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by TiltRod
Anybody know if the beta 12 wiz files are not compatible, or is this isolated to me?
I simply installed v13 over v12 (after making a backup copy of the v12 dir tree, of course) & it worked. If you need to return to the v12 data files for some reason, perhaps reinstall v13 over it in case it does some update to the data files?

- Andy
Old 02-27-2004, 09:03 PM
Sage User

Unhappy

ok, well at least i have ruled out that this is a v12 to v13 problem.

since my old wiz files were destroyed, i thought i would do a little test

first I uninstalled sagetv
next i deleted the frey folder
then i installed a fresh copy of v12
with it, i created new wiz files by adding some favorites and some manual recordings
tested the change beginning and end times
Worked great

Next I installed v13 over 12
my favorites and manual recordings showed up as they had appeared in v12
this eliminated the v12 to v13 conflict i had thought existed. it doesn't, so i added my remaining favs.

Not so fast, though . . . After half a day the program would not let me add any new manual recordings or change the start/stop times of previously recorded ones.

(whether i press the record button on remote or enter/ctrl y on keyboard the following occurs: it will not add a recording, it will change the numbers on the screen when adjusting the start/stop time but will not accept it; the ui reaction time increases but i am able to place sage in sleep and reopen to restore. It is not a total lockup and cpu resource never rises above 8, but i am unable to do manual recordings as i want)

so, thinking this may be an upgrade issue, i started at square one again. unistall sage and delete frey folder with a fresh install of v13.
created new wiz by adding favs and manual recordings
all fine even with modifying start/stop times
again . . . about half a day and i cannot add or modify manual recordings.

I also tried switching java versions b/w sagetv install supplied (v 1.4.2) and sunsite supplied (v 1.4.2_03). both with same results.

I am flabberghasted. along with the delete issue, i am wholeheartedly considering a revert to v12. i need to be able add/modify manual recordings to alleviate scheduling conflicts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just in case someone sees an issue with my setup:

HARDWARE:
Abit k7a mobo
ati aiw video (set to ignore in sage.properties)
hauppagge pvr 250 16's (4 total)
40 GB HD (WIN XP PRO)
160 GB harddrive (DEDICATED VIDEO DRIVE)

SOFTWARE:
WIN XP PRO
SAGETV V2 BETA 13
JAVA 1.4.2_03
Old 02-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Administrator

The only other question I can think of is: did you uninstall your old java before installing the new one?

Unless someone else drops by to offer suggestions, you could file a bug report. Keep your log files while this is going on in case you get asked for one.

- Andy