SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

HD200 - can I add the SageMC Interface?

I briefly looked through the manual - not sure I found anything about it. Anyone know, and if so, anyone know how to implement SageMC with this?
Thanks,
Shawn
Old 12-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, SageMC works fine. Just change the STV to point to the SageMC STV in detailed settings.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
Yes, SageMC works fine. Just change the STV to point to the SageMC STV in detailed settings.
Pardon my ignorance, but I've never had an extender before - all I know is the full software client. With the client, I had to install SageMC. How could this hardware device "know" about SAGEMC? Is there a small amount of disk space on it? Sorry for the dumb questions.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but I've never had an extender before - all I know is the full software client. With the client, I had to install SageMC. How could this hardware device "know" about SAGEMC? Is there a small amount of disk space on it? Sorry for the dumb questions.
You need to install SageMC on the server the HD200 will be connecting to. Then when you go to change STVs, the extender will see all the ones installed on the server. The extenders themselves have no storage (well at least the HD100 doesn't, I assume the same for the HD200).
Old 12-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
You need to install SageMC on the server the HD200 will be connecting to. Then when you go to change STVs, the extender will see all the ones installed on the server. The extenders themselves have no storage (well at least the HD100 doesn't, I assume the same for the HD200).
Right now my Sage Server *is* running the Sage client as well, with SageMC. So I should be good then.
Thanks!
Old 12-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
Right now my Sage Server *is* running the Sage client as well, with SageMC. So I should be good then.
Thanks!
Yeah - to clarify - and I was unsure about this too but someone answered in another post - the screenshot is the default menu when you turn on the HD200 in standalone mode. In the upper right-hand corner of the screen shot, there is "SageTV Server". When you go there, it will take you to the normal SageTV functionality from your server... which would be SageMC if you have it installed.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Sage

And with the HD200 in standalone mode; there's also the ability to load custom STVs.

I thought that's what this thread was about first...so I might as well post the info...

But we're not aware of any that have been ported to it yet....but here's how to do it if you're feeling gamey.

1) Open the XML STV with the SageTV Studio. Then go to File->Save A Copy As... and select a filename that ends with the '.opt.stv' extension. That indicates it needs to be saved in a special binary format which can be loaded by the HD200.

2) Save that .opt.stv file to a USB drive.

3) Plug that USB drive into your HD200 (you could also do this over SMB/CIFS if you wanted)

4) Go to Settings->System Information on the HD200 and type in '5309' on the remote. You'll see a blue dot in the top left corner.

5) Go to Settings->Advanced Setup->Advanced and then load the STV from /tmp/external/sda1/whatever....

As a test you can try the SageTV3.xml file; that one loads after being converted...but of course most of it will not do anything since there's no PVR/EPG features on the HD200 in standalone mode.

If you mess up; then just be sure the STV is inaccessible when the HD200 boots and it'll revert to the original STV (called Cheetah.opt.stv).
Old 12-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Sage User

I remember when I first cut over from windows media center I felt I had to use sage mc. I've been using the default sage profile with sagetvclient and I have totally got used to it. I prefer it in most regards except for 3 major points, commerical skip (showanalyzer), weather, and IMDB. Maybe those can be used in default sage theme but I'm not sure. Because of that we still use sage mc for the living room hd100.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan View Post
I remember when I first cut over from windows media center I felt I had to use sage mc. I've been using the default sage profile with sagetvclient and I have totally got used to it. I prefer it in most regards except for 3 major points, commerical skip (showanalyzer), weather, and IMDB. Maybe those can be used in default sage theme but I'm not sure. Because of that we still use sage mc for the living room hd100.

You can add commercial skipping (show analyzer) to the default STV with this plug in.

And this plug in will get you weather on the main page with the default STV.

Matt
Old 12-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Sage User

Cool, thanks for the links Matt.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Sage User

Sage MC port to HD200

Jeffery posted that using Sage Studio one can import the SageMC XML file and save it as '.opt.stv' extension. Then he has instructions on how to set that file so the HS200 can use it on start up. I only have the HD200 and would like to try SAGE MC since it has IMDB look up and can save that meta data info. Did someone already port the SAGE MC already and where can I get a copy to use?

Thanks
I love the HD200 and I just want to get more data of the video files that I have on my NAS drive.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:17 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't think SageMC will work on the HD200 in stand alone mode. SageMC relies on custom java methods in the sagemc.jar file, which require java 1.6. I believe the version of java on the HD200 is not compatible.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Sage User

Unhappy Very Smooth HD200 Installation Until.....

Just got my HD200 working with my SageTV V6.6.218 on WHS & the setup went like a dream UNTIL I tried to load the SageMC STV SageMC_169.xml V6.3.9a from the server with sagemc.jar v6.3.8. It completely hosed the HD200. It locked up & the remote didn't work. Fortunately, I found a post from OPUS4 which pointed me to the mac_address.properties file for the HD200 in the server's SageTV\Client folder & I was able to delete the STV= line & restore the default STV.

Before I connected the HD200 to the WHS I checked for a firmware update just as it says in the fine, if slim, HD200 manual & the box is now running 20090903 0. The server is running Java V1.6.

I note from this thread that others have got SageMC working sucessfully on their HD200s. I know that the HD200 uses it's own version of Java, so I guess there must be a compatibility issue between the .jar file in the 6.3.9a release of SageMC & the HD200. I have raised a ticket with Tech Support but I thought I'd share the problem here to see if anyone has had a similar issue or knows how the fix it.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Sage User

Sage tech support were absolutely no help. "We don't support any plugins or customizations from the forums". However, upgrading to SageMC 6.3.9b solved the problem & it's all now working.