SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Can't customize SageMC no delete/backspace for text entry on extender

I am trying to customize my SageMC interface so that the videos display with 4 rows x 6 columns v. the default 2 x 3...unfortunately, the SageTV remote doesn't seem to have a delete/backspace key (I think I've tried all the keys on the remote and none delete...) Since SageMC pops up with the default already in the text entry, I can only add a number to the 2 or 3 and it jumps to it's max, I can't replace the 2 with a 4 and the 3 with a 6...any ideas...is this in the properties file somewhere.

Basically HELP!

thanks,

mv
Old 11-27-2008, 11:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Stop button = delete
Guide button = caps lock
Pause = toggle text entry mode (keyboard/NTE)

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Also be warned that if you map nice and convenient buttons to stop and pause, then you screw up your ability to enter text.

Since I came from BTV, my wife asked me to map the same keys as BTV. This means 's' for stop and 'space bar' for play/pause. This is great when you are watching a show on the laptop or kitchen computer.

But when you then go to enter the name of a show to record, you get all screwed up because what happens is you type "heroes" and what you get is "hero" because the s turns into a stop command which tells the text entry box to delete the last character. It also means that when you type "The Daily Show", you get "TheDailyShow" because it eats the spaces. Its quite annoying but not annoying enough to give up the convenience of s = stop and space = play/pause.

Greg
Old 11-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Sage Icon

Edit the client.properties file manually, this is way way faster method.

Also you can make somewhat a template and copy it to all your extenders.