SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Sage User

Online Media Searches

My media extenders have stopped pulling results (or very limited) for YouTube & Google. All have the latest STV 20080801 selected on all devices and am running the latest version of the sagetv software. If I go to the computer that is "serving" the extenders, open SateTV on it and search, I get results. I go to the TVs with the extenders.... same thing: none or limited results. This started about a week ago. I have rebooted the extenders and server. I also get the error Re: "video does not contain mp4, AVI", etc problem with some videos as I saw in other posts. Another thing I noticed is that the HD Video selection "Alaska Podshow" no longer seems to return new videos (used to be updated weekly.... maybe another/seperate problem though). Thoughts?
Old 11-23-2008, 06:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Very weird I was just going to post about this as well. It started about a week ago. youtube never geve me more than 1 page of results before and still doesn't.. but google used to give me pages and pages of results. Now it's 1 page only....
And I'm searching some pretty popular stuff like "ricky gervais"

2xhd300
Old 11-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Sage User

I guess we stumped the croud. Too bad. This was one of my favorite features. (I love to watch other's hiking videos, etc)
Old 11-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

This same thing happened to me after upgrading from 6.3.5 to 6.4.8.

I just looked into this and it looks like the default stv has been updated between 6.3.5 and 6.4.8. On my extender, I had imported the compskip plugin so I was not using the default .stv file, which means that I was still using a custom stv (6.3.5default + plugin) even though the server was 6.4.8. This may be a similar problem to the one you're having.

My solution:
1. Reselect the default stv in the extender setup (this was updated after upgrading to 6.4.8).
2. Re-import the plugins that I had previously imported.

This worked for me.

Hope this helps.

Update: After re-reading your posts, I'm not sure our symptoms were the same. I was just having general problems with Online Services not pulling up results on the extender and this fixed the problem I was having.

Last edited by emok; 11-27-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Well either their stumped or we are the only 2 people out here who do enjoy typing searches in with a remote as opposed to walking 10' to the computer.

There really is some enjoyment learning how to fold a t-shirt in 20 seconds all dithered on a 60".... it's driving me mad.

2xhd300
Old 11-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Sage User

On closer observation, it appears as though Google and YouTube are maxing out at 10 results, whereas Google at least would potentially pull pages and pages for popular searches. (For me, that's hiking/backpacking related.)
Old 12-06-2008, 05:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Are we the only two out here with this problem? Or are we the only two that care about watching other's kids first steps?

2xhd300
Old 12-06-2008, 08:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Have either of you submitted a support request?

Last edited by Brent; 01-03-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Administrator

It is possible that they are now limiting the number of results for a search, but I haven't yet had time to look into it further.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Google/Youtube Search Results-one 1 page

Anyone else notice that Google/Youtube Searches only return 1 page of results with no "more results" option to take you to a second page? I running a beta version but I wanted to see if this is the case for anyone else. I see this on the pc client as well as the extender.

* merged *

Last edited by skyeclad; 12-25-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

This started occurring about a month ago, and happens on both 6.4.8 and 6.5.5 using the default .stvs.

Google video only gives 10 search results max, YouTube gives 16.

Neither offers the "more results" button any more.

Same results on server or MVP's.

The respective websites offer far more results.

Last edited by FZ1; 12-28-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Still no resolution on this issue?
Old 01-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

It's still happening for me, the only thing I do now to solve this is do more specific searches, or type the what I am searching for then a space then I start with the letter a, then another search b, and so on. It brings up differnet results.

It's a fools solution, but it seems to get me a few more returns. What would really be nice is not to get the "this is not a playable fyle type message"

2xhd300
Old 01-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Administrator

I finally had time to look into this one yesterday & fixed the paged Google Video search results -- they had changed the codes to be used on the URL for the feeds. The next beta will contain this fix. Oh, and YouTube results were never paged, so the fact that there is only 1 page of results is normal.

For videos not playing, I would need to know what video to try (and how to get to it) so I can see what happens when SageTV tries to play it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.