SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Linux Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Linux. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Linux should be posted here.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Moving Files

Hi all. I just switched my SageTV installation over from my iMac to a spare laptop running Ubuntu today. I have my SageTV server setup working at this point, but am missing one piece of my setup which I had on my iMac.

My iMac would copy all my recordings from my local HD to my NAS at multiple intervals during the day using an Automator script.

Apparently, the Automator script would not move files if their handles were still open. When I created a cron job on my new linux installation using the mv command, it looked like Ubuntu starting moving the file even though it was still recording.

Does anyone know of a way that I can run a task every 30 minutes which will move my recordings which are no longer being recorded by SageTV?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiePerogi View Post
Hi all. I just switched my SageTV installation over from my iMac to a spare laptop running Ubuntu today. I have my SageTV server setup working at this point, but am missing one piece of my setup which I had on my iMac.

My iMac would copy all my recordings from my local HD to my NAS at multiple intervals during the day using an Automator script.

Apparently, the Automator script would not move files if their handles were still open. When I created a cron job on my new linux installation using the mv command, it looked like Ubuntu starting moving the file even though it was still recording.

Does anyone know of a way that I can run a task every 30 minutes which will move my recordings which are no longer being recorded by SageTV?

Thanks in advance!
My SJQ2 plugin can be used to do this.

http://sagetv-addons.googlecode.com

Still in beta and not feature complete, but fairly close. You can trigger command lines to run periodically and it will run only on the files you tell it to run on (i.e. you can check that the file isn't recording before processing it). Head over here for further discussions. If you've never used SJQ before, then stick to the v2.0.0 beta stream. There are enough differences between 1.x and 2.x that if you're just starting out you might as well start with 2.x. I now use 2.x exclusively on my setup and I no longer will be supporting the 1.x stream.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Sage Icon

There are probably other ways but I agree SJQ is so powerful you are better off using it so you have it for any other function you may desire (comskip, transcoding).