SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

HDHomerun not being found

Seem to have encountered a pretty strange problem with my HDHomerun.

It was working fine for months (if not a year). Then I had to go and upgrade the FW and break my cardinal rule. Now I cant get the damn thing to be discovered. Here is the history and timeline.

Last week, upgraded FW on HDHomerun. After the upgrade the device couldnt get an IP address. I finally tracked down the problem to a bad switch it was plugged into. During the troubleshooting process I set a secondary IP on the Sage server of 169.254.0.1. If the HDHomerun was plugged into the switch no IP from the DHCP server. I replaced the switch with a backup and everything was working good again. After I got it working I upgraded the FW to the latest beta.

Everything was working fine for about a week. Until I remembered the secondary IP address. Today I logged in and removed the secondary IP from the server. Then it all went downhill.

From what I can tell the HDHomerun is up and running just fine. I can ping the IP address it is assigned (it is setup with static DHCP). I can get to the website on it. I can even use the command line utility to discover it. But no matter what I do I cant get the GUI to see it.

I tried power cycling the HDHomerun, no change.

I figure I can setup the secondary IP address again and get it to be seen again. I just don't want to do it. I am submitting a trouble ticket next. But I was hoping I can get some ideas from people here.

Thanks
Old 11-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Nevermind. Problem was with the user.

I forgot I changed the subnet on the DHCP server. I'm migrating over. I forgot to change it on the server.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Sage Expert

Dont forget to upgrade the software as well as the FW. You need both. Perhaps that is your problem.

Also, delete the .scn and .frq files in sagetv dir (or users/<USER>/Application Data/Local/Virtual Store/Program Files/SageTV/SageTV) if running Vista.

Once the GUI finds it, rescan for channels and click "apply". Doo all this with Sage COMPLETELY shut down. (no service running).

-Brian