SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

SageMC series settings questions

Hi there.

Would it be possible to tighten up the series settings page? There's a lot of dead space and I feel that it could be presented more efficiently.

1. Decrease the margins on the settings. (i.e. move the Show Type etc text leftwards until it almost butts against the menu and move the - + rightwards until it almost butts against the scrollbar.

2. If you do #1, I think that each item could be fit onto one line instead of 2 lines.

3. This is more of a question, but in what order are the Quality settings listed? Would it be possible to list the bit rate w/ the names? How can one edit that list? I'd love to have only 3 or 4 there.

4. I love the "set defaults" option. That's great! Thanks!

5. I think that all of the compression options could be collapsed into one sub-menu. Or perhaps not show them all unless "auto compress series" is set to yes.

6. In the compression options, is the "wait for comskip file" setting there to make sure that compression happens after the recording is done? Or is it used to trim commercials out of the recording?

7. Does "auto comskip" refer to automatically detecting commercials (like running comskip or showanalyzer)? Or does it refer to automatically skipping commercials when watching the show?

8. I think this screen might benefit from descriptions at the bottom like in the settings menus.

9. If settings have changed, and back is hit, or left is hit too many times, it would be great if SageMC asked if I wanted to save the changes that I've made. For some reason (and perhaps it's b/c I'm on extenders) I find this screen slow to navigate around in and sometimes exit when I'm not meaning to.

10. If "other showings" is selected and changes have been made, but not saved, are they applied to the "other showings"? For example, I watch The Simpsons or South Park, which have one new showing a week, but tons of re-runs. If the series setting is set to "first runs and reruns" and I go to "other showings", I see everything. However, if I change it to "first runs", it looks like I still see everything. I would expect "other showings" to be a "live" filter to what my series settings are.

11. "cancel" and "cancel series" aren't quite clear. Perhaps remove "cancel" and "save" and just have it ask if the user wants to save if they exit when changes have been made? Or, rename "cancel" to "cancel changes" and "save" to "save changes"?

Thoughts?

Todd