SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:55 AM
Sage User

Can`t set up a video source in Sage Client

I`m using Sage TV client on a vista machine, which is talking to sage on a WHS server. I have got my Nova-HD-S2 card working and displaying a TV picture on the WHS box.

When I try to set up a video source with the Sage TV client, I can select the Tv card, and then I get a dialog which says something like "waiting for video preview" and thats where it stays. I cant see any way pf progressing the setup, and I dont get a TV picture.

Can anyone help??
Old 10-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Sage User

Loading preview. Please Wait..... and wait... and wait..

Just tried a re-install of WHS, and a restore of my client back to before sage was installed.

I get a slightly different behaviour now, but still cannot scan for channels.

The thing that seems to be missing is I cannot specify the satellite that I want to scan for. All it lets me do is scan for channels, but last time I installed the sage client, It asked me to specify some satellites.

Can anyone help?

EDIT:: After a reboot of the client and server, i`m back to square one. All i get is "Please wait for the video preview to load"

This is driving me nuts

Last edited by scoob101; 10-27-2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Continued frustration!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Sage User

Please wait for the video preview to load

Can nobody help me?

I have had sage for 2 months, working on the trial version, and now that ive purchased the software, I can`t set up a video source.

Please, please help!!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Are you using the default STV that came with SageTV to do the source setup? (That would be SageTV3.xml.)

Can you set up the tuner on the server, then play the recordings on the client?

If neither one of those helps, try submitting a support request to SageTV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Sage User

Thanks so much for the reply.

"Are you using the default STV that came with SageTV to do the source setup? (That would be SageTV3.xml.)"

I took a look in the virtaulstore (i`m running vista on my SageTV Client) and found a "STVs" folder, but I can`t see any .XML files in there.

I did find a SageTV3.XML file in the program files of the WHS installation, its over 8mb, massive setup file I`m guessing. I havent touched it.

"Can you set up the tuner on the server, then play the recordings on the client?"

I can`t even run up sageTV on my WHS console - Am I supposed to be able to? When I log onto the WHS console and run SageTV, I get the SageTV "Banner" and then nothing happens. Is this normal?

What I CAN do is run up Powercinema on the WHS console, and get a TV picture, so the Card it working correctly. The Sage installation, seems to be in a right mess.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Sage User

ok, have made some minor progress.

Have uninstalled sage on the WHS, deleted the install directory, and the registry entries in HKLM//software/Frey Technologies.

When I reinstall and run sage client on the vista machine, I get slightly different behavior. I can add the tv card in "setup video sources", and I can hit enter to skip the video preview (I could not do this before).

Still can`t scan for channels. When I do select scan for channels, I get a dialog saying scanning please wait, which dissapears after a few seconds. When I did have this working on the trial version, I remember that I had to specify the satellite i wanted to scan against. I cant find this anywhere now, so that may be the problem.

How do I specifiy the satellite I want?

EDIT:: Rebooted the server, and once again, Im back to square one. Try to set up the video source, and cannot get off of the "Please wait for the video preview to load" screen.

Last edited by scoob101; 10-29-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:07 PM

I feel your pain, Scoob

I am having the same issue - setting up a video source always ends with an endless "Please wait for the video preview to load". I am just now digging in to troubleshoot the problem. I'll let you know if I make any progress.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:38 AM
Sage User

Cheers, look forward to seeing if you make any progress. I Logged this with Sage support, sent them log files, and they never came back to me
Old 12-11-2008, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

When the video preview window is up try hitting the escape key and then preceding with the setup by choosing your tuner at the bottom of the screen.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
When the video preview window is up try hitting the escape key and then preceding with the setup by choosing your tuner at the bottom of the screen.

Gerry
No Joy.

I get the lessage "Please Wait for the Video Preview to load" and a revolving circle, and I can`t use the ESC key. Pressing ESC does nothing.

The Only way I can navigate away from this screen is to press the red "REC" box at the top left of the screen which takes me to the "Recording Schedule" screen.

Going back to setup video sources puts be right back to squeare one.

Why can`t Sage recognise my TV card, when It used to work with the trial version??
Old 12-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Sage User

Solved it!

It was a permissions issue.

Still can`t get any TV stations tunes, but now that can be handled as a seperate issue. I`ll start a new thread.

Perhaps one day I`ll actually get it working!!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 04:45 AM

I'm having the same issue too.

Could you please mention how you adjusted the permissions please.

Regards,

Slither2007.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Sage User

Big Gerr - escape key!

Ha! Thank you for that tip! I could not figure any way to skip past the preview not loading message!