SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

After changing it, you may need to turn off your extender and then turn it back on. That's what fixed mine.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvitech View Post
I just installed SageMC and got the same results as freedml. I running the standard Sage STVi. They way I did my install; went to sage detail setup,advanced,SageTV Application Package, selected SageMC_169.xml. I did this on an HD extender. I am running 6.4.8 of sage. My Sage install is a fresh install. SageMC has never been installed.
Did you download and install the full installation package and not just the update? Did you restart SageTV on your server (including the service if you are using it)?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Sage User

I installed the Full Version on the server and did a reboot for the server. I do run Sage as a service. The one thing I did not do is restart the extender. I will give that a try.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedml View Post
I give up (again, sigh)

THE SAGEMC MENU WAS UP BUT DIDN'T WORK. I have already restored my backup to normal SageTV and am giving up on SageMC AGAIN
We would like to help you, but if you refuse to give us the information we need then there is nothing we can do.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:18 PM
SageTVaholic

For those having major issues, it might help to post your debug logs here. Instructions linked in the first post in the Tips and Tricks sticky at the top of the forum.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
For those having issues with the extenders and SageMC, look at my post on the first page. I had to shut down SageTV, delete the properties file and it's backup for the extender, then restart SageTV for it to work. After that you run the setup for the extender, and then choose the SageMC STV.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:34 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quick question on the customizing stuff.
Why can't I make the Upcoming Recordings and Previously Recorded bars be at the same pixel height? They are off by one or two pixels, no matter what size they are etc.. so they look a little off if you start at the screen.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Minor inconsistent problem with Horizontal schedule

If you move forward in time/schedule on the horizontal schedule by navigating right, then hitting the back button on the remote, doesn't take you out of the horizontal schedule menu, it takes you "left"... basically the same thing as navigating left to go back in time/schedule.

EDIT: OOps.. now it's not doing it. I had some wacky things happening earlier sometimes in horizonal schedule. But they arent consistent.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 10-18-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation Minor bug: OSD with movie poster = double translucent background

Mike I know you probably are overwhelmed with people reporting issues. But, in case you didnt catch this already, there's a little problem with the OSD when there are movie posters.

When there's a channel logo (no movie poster available), the top OSD displays has a single respective translucent background which appears to be correct.

However, if there's a movie poster, there's this unnecessary secondary lighter translucent background being displayed which appears to be too big that doesnt match the logo-only OSD.

Maybe its because the poster/logo sizes are not correct?

WRONG:

RIGHT:

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 10-18-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Mike, I restarted SageTV and now it's not doing this either. I can't figure out what's causing these weird inconsistent behaviors. Anyway, I'm just glad its working now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Mike I know you probably are overwhelmed with people reporting issues. But, in case you didnt catch this already, there's a little problem with the OSD when there are movie posters.

When there's a channel logo (no movie poster available), the top OSD displays has a single respective translucent background which appears to be correct.

However, if there's a movie poster, there's this unnecessary secondary lighter translucent background being displayed which appears to be too big that doesnt match the logo-only OSD.

Maybe its because the poster/logo sizes are not correct?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Sage User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Hi Guys,

Make sure you back up or rename your existing sagemc_menu.xml file if you have made any changes to it. Otherwise it will be overwritten with the new on in both the full and update downloads.

(snip)

Aloha,
Mike
I unfortunately didn't see the warning about the sagemc_menu.xml and it got overwritten.... but thanks to the brilliance of SageMC, it keeps a '.bak'-up to before the last changes that were made. I just had to changed '.bak' to '.xml' and all was well again!

On another note.... I seem to be having a problem with the volume level box not going away after I change the volume (up, down or mute). It is happening on both my server and extender. I haven't seen anyone else complain about it so I don't know if it is just me or not.

Oh, and btw...... great freak'n job on the new version! I love the new features!! (as well as some of the fixes that had been bugging the hell out of me!) Both of you deserve some applause!

One more thing..... Dirk needs to change his Sig.... it still says: "Latest SageMC 16x9 STV version: 6.3.7a"

-Chris

Last edited by Chaos~Theory; 10-18-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

Thanks for all the hard work. I must have done something wrong though!

If I'm watching TV and then return to the home screen, the TV image takes up al of the background, plus it's in the normal preview window I have on my main menu. This obviously causes screen corruption. Also none of the backgrounds appear, the background is just plain black.

If I open the EPG while watching TV the TV image is also the whole background, and the guide corrupts as I scroll through it!

This is on the main server and a client.

Any ideas what I have done?

Regards,

Nick.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_W View Post
Hi,

Thanks for all the hard work. I must have done something wrong though!

If I'm watching TV and then return to the home screen, the TV image takes up al of the background, plus it's in the normal preview window I have on my main menu. This obviously causes screen corruption. Also none of the backgrounds appear, the background is just plain black.

If I open the EPG while watching TV the TV image is also the whole background, and the guide corrupts as I scroll through it!

This is on the main server and a client.

Any ideas what I have done?

Regards,

Nick.

Did you restart SageTV after installing the download? This is necessary for the required jar files to be loaded.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-19-2008, 03:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Did you restart SageTV after installing the download? This is necessary for the required jar files to be loaded.

Aloha,
Mike
Yes, lots of times!

Regards,

Nick.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_W View Post
Yes, lots of times!

Regards,

Nick.
Ok, then the best thing to do is to post a debug log and your sage.properties file. That'll help figure out what's going on.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Sage User

Black Background on Server and Extender

I am having the same issue. The background on the Server is black instead of blue and on the Extender it is black as well, but also distorted. I tried the suggestion above about deleting the property files for the extender, but that did work. I would happy to send the log/debug files if you remind me where to find them.

Jim
Old 10-19-2008, 01:01 PM
SageTVaholic

You can find sage.properties in ...\SageTV\
It is under Program Files by default in Windows.

See the Tips and Tricks sticky at the top of the forum for a link to instructions for enabling debug logging.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Sage Icon

I'm using the image option for the colored guides with a set supplied somewhere here on this site. The only one that isn't working is the Childrens category when not highlighted. What would be the filename for this one?
Old 10-19-2008, 02:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I'm using the image option for the colored guides with a set supplied somewhere here on this site. The only one that isn't working is the Childrens category when not highlighted. What would be the filename for this one?
I believe the files should be:

tvguide_button_light_children_middle.png
tvguide_button_children_middle.png

I don't recall which is for when highlighted and which is not.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Sage Icon

tvguide_button_children_middle.png was the missing file. Thanks for the quick reply. I can't believe I put off asking the question so long.