SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Upgrade Vista HP to SP1

I am running Sage on Vista HP but I have not yet applied SP1. Is there anything to watch out for when I apply this - i.e. will I have to reapply any settings like shutting off UAC? Are there any issues that Sage users have had that would cause me to hold off on SP1?

I know there is the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" argument but this is a fairly new PC and I would think that sooner or later I will have to go to SP1.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Wayner,

I started a thread way back when SP1 first came out where many Sage users spoke of their experiences here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31605

Overall, I think most experiences were positive. I ended up updating two clients (Sage Server is on server 2003) and a placeshifter laptop to SP1. I had problems with one client that turned out to be a hardware compatibility issue. Microsoft recently came out with a patch that finally allowed me to install sp1 on my foxconn mb based system. But the others went smooth as silk. The most noticable improvement for me was the TCP/IP stack issues that got resolved (or worked around, depending on how you look at it). All my systems are very stable on SP1.

Oh and all of my vista settings, including UAC off, survived the update.

Last edited by petereader; 10-06-2008 at 05:29 PM. Reason: there to their: fell victim to my own pet peeve