SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Multiple Path Filter Issue

I've used the filtering options to remove what I don't want shown. In this scenario, it's adult content, but obviously holds true for any filtering you're attempting.

Using the code outlined in the SageMC docs:

Code:
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my music.png" screen="My Music" title="Music">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "d:\\music\\Albums")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "d:\\music\\MP3")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>
I changed it to this:

Code:
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="My Videos">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\{server}\\{folder}\\Other Movies")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", true)</evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>
This works fine for the main menu. I also have another menu item in "My Menu" which only has the filtered content in it and it requires a PIN code.

The issue is that when I try to use any other means to get to the "Video Library Folder View", the filtered content shows up again. For example, using my Harmony 880, the "Watch MyVideos" activity switches the "input" on the HTPC to an unfiltered "Video Library Folder View", thereby revealing the content I'm trying to filter.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to resolve this issue? I'd like to be able to have the remote jump to the filtered "Video Library Folder View" when I click on "My Videos", which is obviously pointing the the "Video Library Folder View".

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Bump... Bueller?

Nobody has any ideas? Dang. That actually kinda surprises me, but I guess sometimes you stump the experts, too.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:19 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't know how to handle that in the current framework. The best I could suggest is to disable/unmap the button to jump directly to the Video Library. Are there any other means of bypassing the filters that you have found?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-10-2008, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

This feature was never intended to be a 'bullet-proof' blocking mechanism, just a simple way to provide different 'views' on video, music, and photo library via the dynamic menu system. The filtering is tied to the dynamic menu invocation, so there is no simple way of maintaining the filter for different entry points without reimplementing the functionality differently.

Dirk
Old 10-13-2008, 10:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Mike: The only other situation I've found is what I described in theSageMC bug reports thread. From my additional research, I realized how this is not a "bug" per se, which is why I called it an "issue" in this thread.

Dirk: The way you described it is what I figured was the case, but I wanted to bring up the issue, in the hopes there might be a fix.

If not, does anyone know of an alternative way to protect certain content? I don't mind having to dig into multiple meta-data changes and content filtering or editing any of the config files if necessary, so if anyone can think of another way, I'm open to hear your ideas. I'm no programmer, but I don't mind doing multiple changes to get a result.

Thanks, guys!
Old 10-13-2008, 01:19 PM
SageTVaholic

FYI, changes have been made for the next release to address your issues with the IMDB search and direct jump buttons.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-13-2008, 01:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow! I never thought a change would have been that quick to materialize! Very much appreciated guys. You guys are awesome! Where's the "donate" button?
Old 04-20-2009, 08:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Mike,

I hate to dredge this up again while you're busy working on the next release, but this issue seems to have resurfaced when I jump to My Videos via the remote. I'm not sure when this started. I reverted to the stock SageMC169 STV to see if that helped, but it didn't. I did verify that this issue has not reappeared, however. Here's what I'm currently running:

SageTV 6.5.9.204
Java 1.6.0_13
SageMC 6.3.9
sagemc.jar 6.3.8
df_sageutils.jar 2.2
phoenix.jar 1.19

I have not tried the latest beta 6_3_9a_23 to see if the problem exists there, as well. Not looking for a quick fix, but did want to let you know.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok. Thanks for the info.

Aloha,
Mike