SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Sage User

Is CTRL-Z broken in the latest version?

Up until last week I've been using SageTV version 2.2. I just bought two new tuner cards and decided to give the latest version of Sage a try. First off, big mistake. This "New and Improved" version is laggy and cumbersome compared to the old version. Most importantly however, CTRL-Z does not do what it use to. Before when I would put Sage to sleep the sound would instantly cut out and Sage would go to the tray. If I double clicked on it, it would instantly return to my desktop ready to work. Now if I hit CTRL-Z I have the pleasure of listening to whatever I was watching for another 10 seconds before the sound finally cuts out. Furthermore for the duration of those 10 seconds I am unable to bring SageTV to the foreground...
Worse yet, this is happening on both machines I've tried it on. (A Vista x64 and XP x32 box)

Is this normal?
Old 10-03-2008, 08:05 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure how you set it up but did you do a clean install and configuration from scratch? If not I would recommend that. Plus I would copy your original SageTV directory somewhere else because you will want the wiz.bin if you want to keep your favorites. The new install will go into a new directory. Also, once you shut down SageTV (quit-not sleep) and copy your old wiz.bin back in and start it up it will probably take some time to convert that wiz.bin to the new format. That may be some of your issue too. Also the new version allows you to run it as a service in the background and do your recordings. So you can start and stop the client without affecting the recordings. Read the manual that comes with it and check all the stickies in the forum before embarking on this journey. Post your machine spec also because the new version does require a little more horsepower.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Sage User

Thanks Gerry!

My specs:
AMD Athlon 6000+ x2
ATI Radeon HD 2900XT 512mb
4gb of Dual Channel Corsair
400Gb Seagate HD (SATA 2)
Tuner Card: AverMedia M780

I'll definitely check out the manual. I'm seriously debating whether I should buy this new version or not. I'm hoping it pulls through for me because v2 does not work with Vista -_-