SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:07 PM
Sage User

SageTV 6-4-8, USBUIRT and Vista32

Upgraded from XP to Vista Ultimate 32bits with same media components (just changed MB, CPU, memory)

It ran very good to a few days and then started having problems. I thought it was the router because of connection lost, Vista because of security event log errors such as HttpEvent and finally thought the PVR card or the USB-UIRT was broken. So i tried disabling elements until i found the only component not working and giving an error. This was when i found that entering Source Tuner control and selecting any option would terminate sageTV.

During the upgrade process, i passed from 6-3-10 to 6-4-8. So i went back to 6-3-8 and the Source Tuner control works again.

So i will give some time to the system and observe it's behaviour.

BUT I THINK THEIR IS SOMETHING WITH USB-UIRT and SAGETV.

Eratic problems such as
-----------------------
- connection lost with HD100
- sageTV abends in the tuner control : USB-UIRT and selecting the "Change Tuning Device" or any other option.

Hauppauge WinTV PVR350 w/ drivers PVR 250 350 1-18-21-2325
USB-UIRT drivers v2-02-04 Vista
Old 09-28-2008, 02:22 PM

Same problem with XP

I ran into the same issue when I upgraded to the latest version of SageTV. I ran the lrnhelper program and verified USB-UIRT is still able to receive and transmit codes... I will post back here if I am able to resolve the issue.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:45 PM

May have a fix

I ran across a thread on how to turn on the debug window... While I was in the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Frey Technologies\Common), I noticed that the IRTunerPluginsDir entry was pointing to the wrong directory. I changed the entry to point to my current common directory and the USB-UIRT started working...

If that doesn't do the trick then try turning on the debug window and see if it will give you a clue. To do this:
start, run command, regedit
navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Frey Technologies\Common
edit new DWORD
consolewin REG_DWORD 0x00000001

Hope this fixes it for you.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Sage User

In the mean time, i disabled UAC because i have a few scripts running to update EPG and do some cleanup.

By such, i noticed that my MediaCenter works like in the XP days.

They (Ms) try to do things write the wrong way. . . I don't understand why in IT, it's always done the hard way!