SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Sage User

HD-PVR & Sage Client audio sync issue

Greetings all, it's been a while since I've had problems with Sage that I couldn't figure out on my own. Well this one has me stumped big time. I've looked around for similar posts, but didn't see anything matching my exact problem, although a lot of them are very similar. I'm hoping someone here can help me!

I am running Sage TV on a Windows XP machine as a server (v6.4.8.184) using a Hauppague HD-PVR to an HD cable box source. I have a Sage TV Client (also v6.4.8.184) connected to this server via gigabit LAN. The client is running Windows Vista Basic. Here are the specs on the client:

Dell Studio Hybrid (http://www.dell.com/content/products...s=dhs&ref=dthp)
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T8100 CPU
- 3 GB Memory
- Intel® Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

I previously ran Sage TV Client on a Mac Mini under XP and had no problems at all. Since switching over to the Dell, I've had major video delays where the audio would run ahead of the video progressively getting more and more out of sync until it was several seconds off, at which point, clipping can be heard in the audio, although the video still plays smooth. This occurs on both live TV and recorded show playback.

I'm almost certain it's not a lack of raw horsepower on the client, as ArcSoft Media Player will replay the recorded HDTV shows just fine. I am also able to playback several 1080p MKVs without any problems at all.

Since I'm fairly computer literate and I know most systems you purchase from a manufacturer are loaded with bloatware, I've tried Sage in three different OS configurations on this machine already with no noticable differences:

- Factory installed Vista Basic (bloatware)
- Windows XP Professional SP3
- Clean Vista Basic install

I'd be more than happy to work with someone and provide any data that might assist in working this issue out. I'm also willing and able to load a fresh copy of XP or Vista on the machine since this will be 99% dedicated to running Sage. Please let me know what you would do if this were your machine, I'll be happy to be your remote hands.

Would something from the debug logs be a good place to start?
Old 09-23-2008, 04:42 AM
Sage Fanatic

Put the cable box output on 720p
Old 09-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Sage Expert

Wait for the new HD-PVR drivers (whenever that is). There are known bugs with them that contribute to audio sync problems (according to Sage).
Old 03-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Has this issue been fixed? Im running Sage 6.5.9 with HD-PVR 1.0.5.3 and am seeing the same thing.

I watched a 30-Rock episode this week and towards the end of the 30 minutes the audio was out of sync (ahead by ~1-2 seconds). If I stopped the playback and restarted it, it would be back in sync... But I dont want to stop and restart everything I watch...

Does the new beta address this?
Old 04-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

For whatever, my client(athlon x2 5000) does this often, and i have to rewind or similar to get it to sync again (i use 720p and arcsoft). Has occured with the original hdpvr drivers, and still does the same with the latest release. I've been tolerating it for months.

And somehow, the server pc never has this sync problem of same files that are played on my separate client, even though it is slower and has more things going on during playback.

I assume there's a reason or setting that will fix this, just dont know what it is?

Ben
Old 04-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

new beta

HD PVR version 1.0.5.6 Beta (FIOS 6000 Fix)
« on: April 12, 2009, 10:15:24 AM »