SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Sage User

Solved : Wrong aspect ratio on dvd playback

Hi,

I just installed the update 6.4.8.184 of SageTv and i`ve tried a dvd for playback to find out that the aspect ratio is 4:3 no matter what the source is of the choice of the menu is as well. Anybody has any idea on how to fix this ? not that it's a matter of life and death but it's bothering if i want to use sage tv as dvd player. My installation is on windows xp.

thanks

Last edited by Hyrules; 09-19-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrules View Post
Hi,

I just installed the update 6.4.8.184 of SageTv and i`ve tried a dvd for playback to find out that the aspect ratio is 4:3 no matter what the source is of the choice of the menu is as well. Anybody has any idea on how to fix this ? not that it's a matter of life and death but it's bothering if i want to use sage tv as dvd player. My installation is on windows xp.

thanks
What decoder are you using for DVD playback in Sage? I know that some decoders (nVidia, I'm pretty sure) have their own aspect ratio settings. I don't know if that would carry across to Sage, but it's worth looking at.
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 09-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Sage User

strange... 15 minutes ago i tried it and the video was always 4:3 but now that aspect ration seems fine. (no reboot there still on and waiting) There must had been a glitch somewhere. To answer your question i was on VMR9. in the setup. I have a Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS as hte media center video card Everything seems to be fine now. thanks for your help anyway.