SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Video Library

I don't know if this is a result of SageMC or if its just Sage in general, but since I have version 6.3.7a of SageMC installed on version 6.4.8.184 of Sage, I thought I should post here. So this is what happens -- I setup my video import library of all my videoes which are all orginized in folders by series on the server and I have the path setup in sage as the UNC path. When I go through a client machine, into the video library and press play on a file, the screen flashes and I am back at the main menu. If I add the video to the queue or add the file to a playlist, the file plays just fine. All the files are .mp4, .mpg, .flv and .avi. All the new recorded files from my tuners that are in recent recordings are just fine, if I bring the files into recent recordings by allowing them to be tagged by Sage with a database #, then they play just fine as well. So its only in the video library trying to play the videos without sending them to the queue or to a playlist that they just won't play.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:18 PM
SageTVaholic

The first thing you should do is switch to the default STV and see if you can reproduce the issue there.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-19-2008, 04:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Couple more thoughts:

I've often had something similar happen if I move or delete a video file outside of SageTV and then forget to rescan my import folders. When I go to play the file and it is no longer there, SageTV just flashes and goes back to where I was (usually the detailed info screen). You may be having an issue where your network shares are not accessible to the client. Of course this doesn't explain the queue/playlist behavior.

Another possibility is that you might have inadvertently enabled the external media player feature without properly setting it up. IIRC, SageMC will use the external player for individual files, but not for video playlists. If the external player isn't properly set up, it would very likely flash and jump back to the home screen. I think that would explain all of the behavior you are seeing.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

I tried it without SageMC and it still flashes and goes back to the main menu. I was able to bring a couple of videoes from the video library into the main recording section and Sage renamed the files with a number which obviously catalogs the files to be displayed, problem is i don't know what I exactly did to bring those files in. So can you tell me how I did it, because those files now play from the recordings menu.