SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
One thing that I have noticed is that when playing the transcoded files is that they are still labled in Sage as H.264 encoded. I would assume that is because of a setting inside of wiz.bin
This is probably due to the fact that Sage has already tagged the file and when you transcoded it you kept it as the same filename.extension_name. It won't check it again until you change the name or move it.

I am getting ready to order one of these today. I did some transcoding/playback tests on some of the samples laying around the internet and they playback perfectly on my HD Extender and MVPs but I use TMPGenc XPress to transcode.
Is there a way to automate this process using TMPGenc with something like Dirmon?
Old 10-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. You answered my question. I modified my script to just save it as an .mpg file, and delete the .ts file. Immediatly, it cannot find the video file, but after a while it finds it. I am going to do more testing. The only other question I have is that it seems to get the aspect ratio wrong. I had to force it to go to a 16:9 format on sagetv. The detailed information from sage has it wrong. I am going to play with ffmpeg more and see what I can do.

dvd_maniac, as far as your problem, I found the following link. I hope it helps.