SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Question Any success with AutoRotatePictureFile?

Hi,

I tried using the CanAutoRotatePictureFile() and AutoRotatePictureFile() API calls, but they don't seem to be working. Has anyone gotten these to work? Any tips or tricks? I searched the default STV and couldn't find an example of its usage.

Also, does the AutoRotatePictureFile() API call change the source file, or does it apply the rotation on-the-fly? Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Administrator

If those are the exact names you are using... AutorotatePictureFile() and CanAutorotatePictureFile() are the correct (case sensitive) names used in the default STV.

BTW: I suggest you use Greg's Studio Tools, if you aren't using them already. It can search case insensitively & do lots of other useful stuff.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Would someone be able to post an example of an AutoRotatePictureFile or RotatePictureFile. I'm in way over my head and need a little push in the right direction.

Thanks

Ben
Old 11-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Just search for the calls in the default STV to see them in use.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, I'll take another look.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Sage Icon

I've looked but it doesnt seem to work, for me anyway! All I want to do is flip an image (cover art) horizontially so it looks like a mirror image of the original cover art (see attached file). I have to be honest and say that I'm really only good at copying and pasting other exaples.
So basically I'm asking if someone would be kind enough to post an example which I can copy

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (72.3 KB, 227 views)
Old 11-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Then you don't want to rotate it, or auto-rotate it, you want FlipPictureFile().

I'm not sure what your goal is, but if you are trying to have the image shown on screen with its flipped version below it, this isn't the way to do it.

- Andy
Old 11-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
but if you are trying to have the image shown on screen with its flipped version below it, this isn't the way to do it.
Thanks for the quick reply again Andy

Thats exactly what I'm trying to do, any clues on how to do this?

Thanks
Old 11-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Thats exactly what I'm trying to do, any clues on how to do this?
No. The API docs point out that those calls modify the image file. There isn't a built-in way to do what you are trying to do.

- Andy
Old 11-06-2008, 04:26 PM
SageTVaholic

You could probably accomplish what you want using Java runtime image-manipulation functions, but that's likely to take more savvy than a simple copy-and-paste job.

As Andy noted, the built-in Rotate and Flip APIs are for operating on imported picture files in the media library, not on UI graphics.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
You could probably accomplish what you want using Java runtime image-manipulation functions, but that's likely to take more savvy than a simple copy-and-paste job.

As Andy noted, the built-in Rotate and Flip APIs are for operating on imported picture files in the media library, not on UI graphics.
I cobbled together a few java image manipulation methods (flip, rotate, skew, and create reflection) a while back, but they required buffered images and suffered from significant performance issues. The performance problems were bad enough that I had to abandon the project. It was a sad day. I really wanted to add dynamically generated reflections to SageMC. Oh well, maybe someday.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-06-2008, 05:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I cobbled together a few java image manipulation methods (flip, rotate, skew, and create reflection) a while back, but they required buffered images and suffered from significant performance issues. The performance problems were bad enough that I had to abandon the project. It was a sad day. I really wanted to add dynamically generated reflections to SageMC. Oh well, maybe someday.

Aloha,
Mike
Here's hoping that those issues you experienced can be overcome & it can still be done some day
Old 11-07-2008, 05:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
No. The API docs point out that those calls modify the image file. There isn't a built-in way to do what you are trying to do.
Ah, ok.

Thats a shame, I guess I'll stick with an image that sort of looks like a mirrored version Maybe someday as others have said above.

While I have some of your attention would it be possible to have a dynamic background imported into the info screen for a movie a bit like cover art does currently. So basically you have a folder with your movie in and also within that folder is folder.jpg for cover art and another image called fanart.jpg for the background.

28 Weeks Later - (Movie Folder)
-28 Weeks Later.mkv
-folder.jpg
-fanart.jpg

I've made a mockup of my current layout as shown in the image below but obviously the background stays static at the moment.

Regards

Ben
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BackgroundImage.jpg (86.6 KB, 214 views)