SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Sage User

Very little Guide Data

Howdy all,

I'm having some difficulties with guide data. I'm only using 5 stations with Sage right now (HD Broadcast). On my HDHomerun tuner (getting the stations from Verizon Fios), I renamed the stations from WBX... to ABC, CBS, etc. Now, for the renamed stations (I left one as it was and its working fine), Sage isn't getting any data at random times. Roughly half of the time I'm getting no data and half of the time I'm getting accurate data. Very odd. I set everything up about 15 hours ago now and it still isn't working.

Thanks for any help,

Target
Old 09-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Administrator

It sounds like the Guide Names in the HDHR's channel editor were not set to the correct station names, as shown on the Zap2it web site showing your listings, so it is just using the EPG data in the broadcast stream. You could either redo the HDHR channel editor settings & rescan in SageTV, or use the Remap -> Map Different Station to this Physical Channel option in SageTV's Channel Setup menu. In the long run, you are better off changing the guide names in the HDHR channel editor.

Another possibility is that there is no lineup loaded in SageTV that contains your channels so they couldn't be mapped properly during the channel scan in SageTV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:59 AM
Sage User

Ok, so for channel names in the HDHR I need the name to be the original? I figured I could change these to ABC, etc in order to make it clearer when actually watching television.

Target
Old 09-11-2008, 08:07 AM
Administrator

As explained in the HDHR setup for Windows instructions, you need to use the Zap2it station names, as shown on the Zap2it site's listings for your lineup. I just edited that text to try to make it clearer. If you do not provide the exact name shown on the Zap2it site, SageTV will not be able to map the channels correctly & you will need to manually remap them.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:09 AM
Sage User

Then we have nailed down the problem. Which renaming option in the Sage Channel setup can I use to name the channel what I want it to be? Also, which number relabeling would I use? Logical or physical?

Thanks a ton for the help!!

Target
Old 09-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target View Post
Which renaming option in the Sage Channel setup can I use to name the channel what I want it to be?
You don't rename the channel.

Quote:
Also, which number relabeling would I use? Logical or physical?
If you want the channel to be at a different number in the Program Guide, then you would change the logical number. The physical number is what is used for tuning, so don't change that for a working channel.

- Andy
Old 09-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Sage User

Ok, so I thought I had it nailed down but there is one more problem. I went in and re did the entire HDHR setup with the proper Zap2it channel names. I then deleted my sources in Sage and re did the setup there. Unfortunately, the channel names are still set to the modified ones that don't work properly with the guide. I can't seem to get the station names to change within Sage even though they are correct in the HDHR setup.

Target
Old 09-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Administrator

The correctly named channels should be there too -- you'll need to disable the wrong channel names & make sure the correct ones are now enabled.

I've also just added this post to another topic:
How to remove all remapped channels for a lineup

You could follow those instructions to get rid of the extra channels that were mapped/added when they were defined incorrectly.

- Andy
Old 09-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Sage User

I followed the above instructions. Everything worked in that the channels all now have the proper names. Unfortunately, the EPG data is still pretty spotty. Maybe one in five shows have data across all channels. I've checked and double checked everything. Is there anything else that can lead to spotty data? Perhaps tonight I'll redo the entire setup and see what happens.

Target
Old 09-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Sage User

Thanks tremendously for all of the help. As of now everything is 100% working. Basically I just redid the entire setup from scratch paying VERY close attention to all instructions. I'll post back if there are any other difficulties.

Target