SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Haupppauge 45 remote and device address codes

I have 2 Starchoice satellite receivers that use UHF remotes. Each receiver can be given a different, three-digit address code (000, 001, 002, etc.) to avoid the wrong remote changing channels on the wrong receiver.

Problem: If I use any other address code other than 000, the Hauppauge remote fails to communicate with the Starchoice receiver.

Since I need to use address 000 on one box (Tivo limitation), I need to have the Hauppage control a receiver with an address other than 000. Is Sage capable of this?

Is there somewhere in the .ini file (or similar) that the Hauppauge remote address can be altered to anything other than 000?

thanks
Old 09-11-2008, 09:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Is it possible I didn't explain this properly?

The Hauppauge seems to operate just like the Tivo, in that it doesn't seem to communicate with a receiver unless the receiver's remote address is 000.

Is there a line of code in the iremote.ini that would enable addresses other than 000 (001,002, etc).

I have called Hauppauge, but no help there.

thanks
Old 09-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

I can't answer your question, but maybe with clarification someone else can.

A couple of questions to clear up what you are trying to do:
When you mention the Hauppage remote, do you mean the IR blaster from a capture device? The remote is not going to do anything to your sat box.

Is the Starchoice receiver capable of being controlled by an IR remote, cuz the Hauppage blaster is not going to do UHF.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg View Post
I can't answer your question, but maybe with clarification someone else can.

A couple of questions to clear up what you are trying to do:
When you mention the Hauppage remote, do you mean the IR blaster from a capture device? The remote is not going to do anything to your sat box.

Is the Starchoice receiver capable of being controlled by an IR remote, cuz the Hauppage blaster is not going to do UHF.
I use the Hauppauge PVR-150 card, which also includes the Hauppauge 45 button remote and the Hauppauge IR blaster hardware.

The Starchoice receiver is basically a re-branded Motorola; DSR-505.

It is capable of being controlled by both IR and UHF.

The included Starchoice remote will continue to control the receiver via IR after you have changed the receiver's remote address (from it's native 000 to either 001, 002, etc), whereas the Hauppauge remote/IR blaster can't seem to communicate with the receiver after the address has been changed from the native 000 address.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
do you change the address on the receiver or the remote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Actually the address is changed for both devices - they are paired together at whatever address number (000,001 etc) you select.

The remote is used to implement the change, but I believe you can program the receiver independently from the front panel controls.