SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:43 AM
Sage User

HDHR Problems

WellI had given up on Sage and HDHR since I only get a fraction of regular stations that I can get through my cable box. But since I read that it is now much easier to setup than it used to be I thought I would give it a shot for fun.

Still so much frustration.

I'm pulling a station "MHD" - music High Def on my HDHR channel listing. However it does not appear in the Zap2it channel list and thus does not appear in Sage TV. How can I add this station to Sage TV? Sage used to pick it up fine, im considering going back to an older version... I tried adding it to the channel listing with no success, in fact now sage isn't working for any stations it says "no signal for everything" Everythign works fine using HDHR software and VLC player.

Runnign Sage 6.4.8
Old 09-05-2008, 12:50 AM
Administrator

To use the HDHR on Windows, you have to follow these instructions exactly:
HDHR setup for Windows

Any channel you add in the HDHR's channel editor will be in SageTV, though it may or may not have guide data available.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Sage User

well thats what I did, Except I didn't put the channel numbers is that necessary? How do I know when to use a decimal etc or what they should be set to?

MHD shows up in the HDHR lineup but not in sage or on the zap2it website. it used to work on all 3 when I had to manualy configure everything...

In fact a couple other stations that show up in the lineup don't show in sage as well, but I was able to manualy add them because they are recognized by Zap2it.

for example: MTVHIT shows up in the lineup, Zap2it lists it as channel 146 in Sage it does not find the station.

So I go to Channel Setup -> Add Channel to Lineup -> Type "MTVHIT" -> Enter Channel Number "146", and it adds the station and I can view it in Sage.

So how do I get the "MHD" Station to work? Sage does not pick it up or recognize it. it worked in previous versions and even had guide Data, but it looks like Zap2it has dropped it from their listing. I can deal with no guide data (sucks but I can live with it) but I can't even get the station to show up!
Old 09-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Administrator

As the instructions say, using channel numbers in the HDHR's channel editor isn't required, but it does help put the channels at the logical numbers you want them to use.

Every channel enabled in the HDHR's channel editor should appear in SageTV for the tuner's lineup after its channel scan.

Are you using the default STV for tuner configuration? If you are using SageMC, make sure you manually load SageTV3.xml as the STV or else configuration won't get done properly.

You could enable debug logging and go through the tuner setup again. Post the native log and logs from the SageTV server and the client UI if using a client or service mode on the server. The info the logs contain might help me see what is happening during tuner setup & SageTV's channel scan. The native log & the log from the UI used for SageTV's scan are important.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Are these audio only (music) channels?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
As the instructions say, using channel numbers in the HDHR's channel editor isn't required, but it does help put the channels at the logical numbers you want them to use.

Every channel enabled in the HDHR's channel editor should appear in SageTV for the tuner's lineup after its channel scan.

Are you using the default STV for tuner configuration? If you are using SageMC, make sure you manually load SageTV3.xml as the STV or else configuration won't get done properly.

You could enable debug logging and go through the tuner setup again. Post the native log and logs from the SageTV server and the client UI if using a client or service mode on the server. The info the logs contain might help me see what is happening during tuner setup & SageTV's channel scan. The native log & the log from the UI used for SageTV's scan are important.

- Andy
Right it didn't way it was required but its not working so I figured it may be the problem? Im definately not getting all the channels. I am not using SageMC I dont think, your talking about the regular free lineup right? Thats the one I'm using...

What is the native log file named? And which log file for sage are we looking for. (Names help me to search for stuff cause I have not done this before) I'd be glad to post them though. I'll have to figure how to enable debug logging in sage as well, or did you mean for the HDHR? I'm confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Are these audio only (music) channels?
Nope, Just regular station / HD stations that are not showing up.

Last edited by Justintoxicated; 09-09-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
I am not using SageMC I dont think, your talking about the regular free lineup right? Thats the one I'm using...
SageMC is a custom replacement interface for SageTV; if you didn't load it & don't know what it is, then you aren't using it.

Quote:
What is the native log file named? And which log file for sage are we looking for. (Names help me to search for stuff cause I have not done this before) I'd be glad to post them though. I'll have to figure how to enable debug logging in sage as well
All of that info is in the link I posted above about enabling debug logging.

- Andy
Old 09-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Sage User

FYI I haven't had a chance to runt he debugging stuff yet because Sage TV will not work at all anymore. I don't get any stations at all it says no Signal. I removed the sources and re-installed. They worked until I scanned for stations. Last time this happened I had to re-install Sage. But this will be the 4th time with this new version.

You know what? Screw it, I'm done with sageTV it never works right and even if it did, it would randomly just stop working like this anyways. I'll just have to get by using VLC player for the HDHR.

Fun times playing around but I don't wanna waste anymore hours of my life on this project.

edit: ok so its bothering me so I came back to this:
BTW MHD is showing up in the lineup now weird...But it still does not work. No stations work.

edit: I can post the logs if you want. But all of a sudden it is working again now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After re-setup for BOTH tuners. Re-setting up only one did not seem to help. very strange but Im happy now thanks for your help.

Last edited by Justintoxicated; 09-13-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:02 AM
Administrator

I don't really know why it would work, then not work, then work, and so on. If that continues, then I suggest you contact SageTV support because they would be able to read the logs better than I can.

If you need to reconfigure the HDHR, maybe you should check out this info:
How to remove all remapped channels for a lineup

You could follow those instructions to get rid of the extra channels that were mapped/added when they were defined incorrectly.

If you are using Vista, then see this post, where I told someone else how to find the .scn files & make sure SageTV can see them.

In addition, someone else said they had tuning problems if they didn't put channel numbers in the HDHR's channel editor, so I you should make sure to do that if you reconfigure the HDHR again.

And, go to the SiliconDust website to check to see if you need your HDHR power supply replaced, if you haven't done so already

- Andy
Old 09-13-2008, 02:03 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I don't really know why it would work, then not work, then work, and so on. If that continues, then I suggest you contact SageTV support because they would be able to read the logs better than I can.

If you need to reconfigure the HDHR, maybe you should check out this info:
How to remove all remapped channels for a lineup

You could follow those instructions to get rid of the extra channels that were mapped/added when they were defined incorrectly.

If you are using Vista, then see this post, where I told someone else how to find the .scn files & make sure SageTV can see them.

In addition, someone else said they had tuning problems if they didn't put channel numbers in the HDHR's channel editor, so I you should make sure to do that if you reconfigure the HDHR again.

And, go to the SiliconDust website to check to see if you need your HDHR power supply replaced, if you haven't done so already

- Andy
Yea my PSU went a while back but they were cool about it.

Thanks for your help I will refer back to this post if I have anymore issues.