SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:24 AM
Sage User

H.264 and HE-ACC Audio

Hi

Here in New Zealand our free to air TV (DVB-T) is H.264 with mainly HE-AAC Audio (sometimes AC3)...

Do the the issues I have been having with getting Sage to use the Nvidia Purevideo Hardware - as I have explained in this posting I am about to throw in the towel with SageTV...

However, one thing I would like to obtain first, is does anyone know when the extenders will support HE-AAC audio - if they were to support that my issues would be resolved - in a around about way.

Cheers
David
Old 08-30-2008, 01:06 AM
Sage User

Extender

I can only get sound on TV1 and TV3 (Freeview HD) on my extender because they also send AC3 audio. I uploaded a sample file for TV2 last week and Sage told me they knew about the problem and were working on it. All channels work fine on the server as it has HE-aac codecs loaded.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:06 AM
Sage Icon

I believe the HD extenders can play HE-AAC, but the NZ DVB-T HE-AAC is in a LATM wrapper.

The latest development build of ffmpeg can be patched with Paul Kendall's LATM parser to remove the LATM wrapper, and will then play both the NZ DVB-T video and audio fine, so there is some progress being made in this area generally.

It's the curse of NZ being so slow in adopting DVB-T that we missed out completely on MPEG2 DVB-T and went straight to bleeding edge h.264 like Norway.

John
Old 08-30-2008, 05:16 AM
Sage User

Thanks

Thanks for your replies.

As a matter of interest how is the TV3 and TV1 viewing on the Extender - and do you view live tv via the extender?

Cheers
David