SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Sage Expert

My new pvr setup plan

Ok,, thanks everyone for all the help.
My thought at present is definately running a PVR 350 on the old PII 350 and then "maybe also have the PVR 250 in the same box" and then use a client to access it from another computer.
My thought is to run the server machine and encode onto a drive in another machine, that way it is directly onto a machine with a DVD writer for anything I want to save to disk.
Also if I want to encode anything to divx I can do that from that same network machine.
I have read here some people doing network encoding, would I need sage recorder to do this? Or what way is this done.
I figure that the PVR 350 will cost very little more than if I was to buy a new video card and a USB-Uirt to control from a client.
Thanks for all the help
Old 02-10-2004, 06:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Seeing that various people are having a hard time getting a 350 and 250 working correctly in the same box I wouldn't go that route. Also in the previous version there was a bug if you had your TV files on another box and Sage couldn't connect to that box it would lose all of the show info. I think that bug is fixed in the beta. I would put the 250 in another PC and get Sagerecorder. Your server will see that as another tuner on your server and is very easy to use. I keep all TV files local on the server. If I want to burn anything I just copy it to my box that has a burner on it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.