SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to KeDruff
Delete Recordings???

How do I delete recordings in Beta 2.0.12 from the Sage recordings area? I know I can go in and delete them through Windows Explorer... also, how can I go in and move some of them to the archive area of .0.12

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 02-09-2004, 06:26 PM
Sage User

Second that request- my list of recordings is cluttered with things I've watched or don't want to watch to such an extent that it's difficult to find things I want.

Added to that is the difficulty in finding things in a list that has no discernible order. This is not good user interface design!
Old 02-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

You can delete the show in the show info screen where you can also set or remove as a favorite, mark it watched or unwatched, look for add'l airings, etc.

It would be nice to have a quick button press to delete though, or even the old right-click options.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by drbenson
Added to that is the difficulty in finding things in a list that has no discernible order. This is not good user interface design!
See note #2 in Special Information on V2.0.12 Beta!! You can turn on categorization to help reduce the 'clutter'.

pcuoco already said where to delete shows or move them to the library, etc., but just in case you were still wondering where that particular screen is: highlight a recording and use ctrl+i on the keyboard, or right arrow on the remote, or the button with no label on the remote (between "Mute" and "Full").

- Andy
Old 02-10-2004, 01:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

A word of warning: If you have your recordings setup in the new inline categorization, then deleting the files is not as user friendly using just a remote. It will take either a mouse to move back to the main category, or to go to the main menu on the remote.
This is a bug, and has been reported.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:19 AM
Sage Icon

theMixxMaster, I have seen this happen only when you have just one recording under the category. If you have more then one, it works properly.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:23 AM
Administrator

... Unless you delete _all_ those recordings, in which case you end up in a position of deleting the last one (the only one) even though it looks like they are still there due to deleted shows not being immediately removed frmo the list.

Again -- it removes the category immediately when all of its shows are gone, it just doesn't remove the show titles themselves... at least not until you do something like page down in the category list & then page up again to return to the same category. At that point, the list of shows in the category will be updated.

- Andy
Old 02-10-2004, 08:03 AM
SageTVaholic

I've also noticed to when you are in the right window and have multiple shows, when you delete one it brings me back to that window but the listing is still there. I just continue on deleting the rest and when I leave scheduled recordings and come back in the files and category are gone.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:02 AM
Sage Icon

gplasky, I have had that happen once or twice as well. I find myself letting sage delete things more becasue of this view so its not as irritating as it would have been in .11.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:26 PM
Sage Expert

It would also be nice to a have a single button to delete (with and without confirmation...user selectable)....with a sendcommand mapped to it for girder.

Thanks,
Deadbolt