SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Sage User

HD-PVR playback problems

Works great on my extender, but on the client PCs (one is XP, one is Vista) it just plays a second of video then freezes. I installed ArcSoft and chose it as the decoder, no luck. I have CoreAVC installed on the machines as well but I unchecked h264 and ArcSoft in CoreAVC, still no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Sage User

So I fixed the Vista machine somehow, and sort of. Basically it won't play Live TV at all, it stutters constantly, but if i skip back 10 seconds it plays it seemingly fine, although it looks a little off to me. This is using CoreAVC as the h264 decoder, Overlay, and hardware acceleration on (even though it doesn't seem to be doing anything). I have a HD3650 card.

Now for the really weird part, I installed SageClient on the Vista PC and then upgraded it to SageMC. I tried all the settings described and the video would play 2x speed for no good reason. Once it caught up to Live TV the video would skip like it was trying to play 2x speed and couldn't find new frames. Then I tried running SageClient "as an administrator" and it opened into the original skin with all the audio/video stuff set at default. I thought this was very weird since I couldn't find a 2nd Sage Properties file. Anyway, I made the same changes on the "administrator" app and Live TV will play when I rewind 10 seconds at normal speed and looks decent as described above. Not great though.

So some weird stuff happening...
1. Running SageClient as regular user plays video at 2x speed and has SageMC on it. Running SageClient as "admin" plays video at regular speed and no SageMC.
2. I read about the hardware acceleration problems with Vista so I don't expect that to work yet.

And now to the hardware part of this. If I install XP instead should this be successful since assumingly hardware acceleration would work? Have folks been able to smoothly play the h264 files on xp machines running SageClient? On Vista my processor is only running at 50-60% max but it still isn't playing right.

I'm running a AMD 4850e with 2GB RAM.