SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:54 AM
Sage Expert

HD-PVR in WHS - need audio drivers?

Hi All,

Maybe this isn't the right spot. but it's worth a shot.

I've got a WHS machine and I disabled the audio chip (Asus P5Q-E) in the BIOS. I figured that was fine because the server has no speakers attached. Now, when I connect with SageTV client and try to tune in the HD-PVR channels (I also use a HD Homerun), I get an error that says "an error occured trying to decode the audio portion of the stream".

Could this be because I have no audio card/drivers on the server? I don't have a monitor as the system is in the basement. Should I lug a monitor down there, or has someone seen this and knows of another issue?

Thanks,
Brian
Old 08-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Sage Expert

After some research, I think I need to just add the Arcsoft AAC audio decoder to the client machine. I just need to know how. I can't install TME on the client since the hardware isn't found. Dang it... any ideas?
Old 08-15-2008, 06:41 AM
Sage Expert

In case anyone cares....

I installed the Arcsoft TME package from the HD-PVR CD on the client machine by running its setup manually, and that solved the problem.

Now if I could only get it to do the IR blaster properly.