SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

60 gig olympic files?

is anyone else having problems watching the olympics? record it in HD. the 8 hours show create a 50-60 gig file. you can watch it once. but if you exit the show and restart it it gives you an error. UNTIL you delete the txt & edl files associated with it. what can I do to debug it?

Dave P
Old 08-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Sage Icon

Not me. We've been recording all the NBC coverage (8 hours = ~60 Gb) and have had no problems going in and out of it.

Knock on wood.

(this question should probably be moved to the software or "general discussion" thread)
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Other than im running the RC 6.4.7. are you using dragon global showanalyzer on these files? and also running SageMC witht he built in auto skip

Dave P
Old 08-11-2008, 07:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

heh... your right. maybe this should be in the BETA forum or the general. how do I move it?

Dave P
Old 08-11-2008, 08:56 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackham View Post
Other than im running the RC 6.4.7. are you using dragon global showanalyzer on these files? and also running SageMC witht he built in auto skip

Dave P
I'm having trouble with Showanalyzer "looping back around" way into the program and trying to find a new logo. Its causing stuttering!

Thats a separate issues though.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
heh... your right. maybe this should be in the BETA forum or the general. how do I move it?
This was moved to the customizations forum because you said:

Quote:
but if you exit the show and restart it it gives you an error. UNTIL you delete the txt & edl files associated with it.
Later, you added:
Quote:
So, technically, I moved it to the wrong customizations forum, which I've now fixed.

I take all that to mean you are using customizations & the problem goes away when you remove the files created by the customization, so this is in the customizations forum. It isn't a problem with SageTV until you remove all customizations and reproduce the problem using a default setup.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. the EDL and TXT files are created by showanalyzer or something else. at this point I think the SA or that something else is creating crap EDL and TXT files that SageMC or Sage are crapping out on. im still looking

Dave P
Old 08-11-2008, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

One thing you can try is to load up the default STV and the comskip plugin (nothing else) and see if you still have the same problem. You can also try just deleting the .txt file and see if you still have problems with just the .edl file in place. Also, can you post one of the .edl files here?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

The EDL files is not the problem. when I remove the txt file it works fine with skips and all. when the txt file is stil there its crashes.

I included both the TXT file that crashes the recording. and the EDL file, which I had to ADD a TXT extension to upload it.

Dave P
Old 08-17-2008, 12:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The EDL files is not the problem. when I remove the txt file it works fine with skips and all. when the txt file is stil there its crashes.

I included both the TXT file that crashes the recording. and the EDL file, which I had to ADD a TXT extension to upload it.

Dave P
Soooo......don't generate .txt files.

The only reason .txt support was left in place when .edl support was added was that many of us had lots of .txt comskip files at the time. Edl files yield much more accurate skips in SageTV as they are time based. (.txt file were frame based and required a conversion using the frame rate. This introduced errors.)

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-17-2008, 03:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Regardless, I'm guessing this is probably a number out of bounds problem. I'm not sure that the data type limits are for integers in the Studio, but my guess is that txt file's frame number's exceed it at some point.

The numbers in the .edl's are seconds, and fractional, so uses floating point, and probably won't hit the limit until a recording gets QUITE a bit longer.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-18-2008, 07:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

oh. ill turn off the TXT gen stuff. that should work

prolly turned it on some time ago beacuse of some walkthru getting showanalyzer running .

Thanks
Dave P