SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

new visualization for audio files

Hi,

I have had sage for years now, love it, tell everyone about it, always seen talk about improving the visualization of audio files... Anyone know if anything been done about it?

I am thinking a real simple idea that I would love is:

left half of screen shows full size of album art in mp3, maybe flip through multiple pics in mp3, right side have play list, maybe allow you to select next song etc.. background sage blue... I figure that shouldnt be toooooo hard to do, but I have no idea how to do it.

Anyone smarter than me have a way to do it?
Old 08-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Well since no one responded.. and I have been waiting for the past year for a better interface.. I would just suggest you get an appletv because its never gonna happen

Mo
Old 08-13-2008, 09:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post
Well since no one responded.. and I have been waiting for the past year for a better interface.. I would just suggest you get an appletv because its never gonna happen

Mo
replacing SageTV with appleTV is like replacing a filet mignon with a low-grade hotdog. You can't be serious.....

I do agree that the music section needs some work.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm totally serious. I got sick of some files working on my hd extender some not working. The horrible interface (especially music), the many updates which makes one file work then the other not work (.ts .wmv etc). Its kind of slow too, despite my gigabit router. I didnt use sagetv for tv thou, I have a tivo instead. I switched over to appletv, convert all my movies to 720p with digital 5.1, and havent had any hiccups, and the cover art is amazing. I can buy music/movies thru itunes, watch podcasts/youtube, and the visualizations are fantastic. But that is just my opinion of course. If sage had a better interface, maybe cablecard support and I didn't have a tivo I would go back to sage for sure.
Again.. just my opinion, because the music section in sage is horrible

Mo
Old 08-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

I agree... I have an Apple TV, used it for 2 weeks and now it is packed back in the box it came in. (I keep meaning to put it on eBay)
It was BS having to convert movies to 'its' standard. (I even bought a program to convert the videos!)

I also agree the music section is lacking. I would be happy to be able to enable some DSP or VST filters to make the music sound the way I like it. Visualizations would be nice, but I think we have discussed that more than several times before. Even being able to load some external (ie Gforce) viz would be acceptable.

I have owned SageTV for several years now and occasionally come back to it to see how it has progressed. I have a complete Tivo setup so don't need the PVR option.
I have been using JRiver Media for my music and videos and load it externally from the SageMC menu. I am able to load Isotope Ozone DSP for the music and also Gforce for the viz... it works quite well and sounds incredible.

I have Sage running to be able to use Netflix and Pandora (I prefer Last.fm but not available here).
Old 08-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can you launch Jriver from an hd extender? or does it need to be a computer?
Just curious
Thanks
Mo
Old 08-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Oh.. and the appletv can be hacked. mine is to play divx/xvid.. and it displays cover art. Just thought I would mention that too..

mo
Old 08-13-2008, 01:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Oh.. and the appletv can be hacked. mine is to play divx/xvid.. and it displays cover art. Just thought I would mention that too..
How does it do for watching the olympics in HD on LiveTV?

I just think the AppleTV took the TV out of the equation which neutered it's own device - can't believe they even put TV in the name.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Just curious
Thanks
Mo
I think it can be done via extender - but you should check the JRiver plugin thread on the SageMC forums to be sure.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Just curious
Thanks
Mo
Not sure about using an extender... don't have one.
You can d/l trial software and see where you can take it.

Let me say that once (if/when) SageTv gets the audio portion of software more customizable from a user's standpoint, I would use for it a lot more than just an external program loader.

Oh, and I did know about being able to run Divx, Xvid etc but did not want to void warranty.

Last edited by JDizzy; 08-13-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
How does it do for watching the olympics in HD on LiveTV?

I just think the AppleTV took the TV out of the equation which neutered it's own device - can't believe they even put TV in the name.
Thats what my tivo series 3 and hd is for. PQ is pretty damn good with hdmi out, and I can transfer recordings from each tivo and to my mac for conversion for iphone/ipod or .... ehh... my appletv!

I got sick of rebooting my computer, crashes with sage, channel changing delay, PQ, having to get that hdhomerun to work, and hardware issues.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

I love sage, I would much prefer to use sage software that allows its users to be flexible with DRM than a software program that limits ones uses... I like my Iphone but not a big fan of how controled everything is with Apple. I can and do hack it, but why should Ihave to worry about my hack being undone with an update? better to just use software that allows you to use it the way you want it out of the box.

Getting back on topic... how hard can it be to show the album cover that is saved in the mpeg as a visualization? maybe have that half screenwith a list of songs on the album on the other side..

I am not an expert but that seems simple, and much better than what they have now.

Anyone with more knowledge than me wanna volunteer to make it as an stvi? please?