SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Australia/New Zealand
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Australia/New Zealand SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the Land Down Under - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Australia and New Zealand.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:33 AM

Freeview (NZ) interlaced channels shimmer

Hi,

I've been a reasonably happy MCE2005 user for a while now, but now that I want to go DVB-T MS is no longer an option. Anyway, I've been trying out different PVR's and am down to Media Portal and SageTV (btw I'm running 6.4.something beta) - My favorite keeps changing for various reasons, but I'm back to preferring Sage again I have Sage pretty much doing everything I want, but I have a little problem with the video quality on the interlaced channels on Freeview via DVB-T.

All non-interlaced channels display and play fine, but the interlaced channels have a "shimmer" to them that is quite annoying (and isnt evident on Media Portal with deinterlacing set to "best"). I found a setting called "Deinterlacing Filter" or similar in the detailed settings menu for Sage, but enabling this and randomly choosing some options simply results in a pink screen but with sound for any of the interlaced channels (non-interlaced channels are still fine).

I guess I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for sorting this out - like I say - the options dont really mean that much to me, so assuming these are the right settings to be playing with, I've got no idea what to set them to

I'm getting quite close to piloting this in production - i.e. risking the wrath of my wife and kids by replacing our quite happily working MCE box with our shiny new something else (but with HD freeview) box - so I'm keen to get as much sorted before that as I can

Anyway, any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Old 08-09-2008, 02:55 PM

Well,

I decided to read the manual. From what I can tell, I should be leaving the "Dscale Deinterlacing Filter" alone. Looks like a relic of bygone days.

In anycase, maybe its my eyes, maybe its the changes I made, or maybe its the new version of Sage I installed (or maybe I drank less beers last night than usual) but I'm now happy with the quality of all the TV channels.

What I did was:

Install SageTV 6.4.7 RC
Set the Video Render to Overlay
Set SageTV to use the CyberLink Power DVD 8 Codec for Audio/Video

Pilot here I come

Cheers,