SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for all your help!

This is the only remaining problem. I'm using Skype version 3.8.0.139 and Skype2YAC version 1.0.2. and infopop version 1.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
If you are talking about caller id messages showing up when you make an outbound call ..... well, it should not be doing that If it is, that must be a bug and probably an easy fix. What version of Skype are you using and are you running the latest version of Skype2Yac?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-31-2008, 11:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Thanks for all your help!

This is the only remaining problem. I'm using Skype version 3.8.0.139 and Skype2YAC version 1.0.2. and infopop version 1.5.
Ok, sounds like a bug in Skype2Yac, I'll have a look at it and post an update ... probably tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:56 PM
SageTVaholic

This is great support! Cool.

Quote:
Ok, sounds like a bug in Skype2Yac, I'll have a look at it and post an update ... probably tomorrow.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-01-2008, 12:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
This is great support! Cool.
Hi mkanet,

Ok, the fix seemed to be easier than I had thought. A new version (1.0.4) is available for you to download and test out. Please let me know if this does or does not fix the issue on your end.

Thank You!
Old 09-01-2008, 10:01 PM
SageTVaholic

That did it! Thanks.

Quote:
Hi mkanet,

Ok, the fix seemed to be easier than I had thought. A new version (1.0.4) is available for you to download and test out. Please let me know if this does or does not fix the issue on your end.

Thank You!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

RELEASE 1.0.4

NEW RELEASE !!!

- Release 1.0.4 (2008-09-01)
  • fixed - prevent caller ID messages for outbound calls
  • added support for web update

Available on download page: HERE
Old 12-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Sage User

I'm having a problem (not skype2yac's fault, i'm sure, but this thread seems to be the only place skype and sage users intersect so i thought i'd ask here too)

Trying to use a D-Link dph-50u analog/usb adapter to allow the family to make skype calls without disrupting Sage. Problem is, even with skype2yac setting skype into silent mode, the UI still pops up when the call disconnects (though it no longer pops up immediate when a call is placed.) Has anyone else seen that kind of behavior? I can't figure out how to tell whether it's (a) Skype not obeying silent mode, (b) skype2yac not correctly setting silent mode, or (c) something funky the dlink is doing that is calling skype back out of silent mode. But mostly I just can't figure out how to make it stop

I know I can run skype as a service, and not allow it to interact with the desktop at all, but my ultimate goal is to be able to integrate skype video calls into sage a little bit, even if it's as rudimentary as a menu item that maxmimizes skype when i want to use it for video. so a completely invisible background service version of skype won't cut it. i just want silent mode to actually stay silent, and then i'll worry about finding a way to open it when i want to.

any ideas? i'm on xp home, btw. latest non-beta versions of everything involved, skype 3.8.0.188, skype2yac 1.04, latest dlink drivers....

Last edited by lazysean; 12-13-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazysean View Post
I'm having a problem (not skype2yac's fault, i'm sure, but this thread seems to be the only place skype and sage users intersect so i thought i'd ask here too)

Trying to use a D-Link dph-50u analog/usb adapter to allow the family to make skype calls without disrupting Sage. Problem is, even with skype2yac setting skype into silent mode, the UI still pops up when the call disconnects (though it no longer pops up immediate when a call is placed.) Has anyone else seen that kind of behavior? I can't figure out how to tell whether it's (a) Skype not obeying silent mode, (b) skype2yac not correctly setting silent mode, or (c) something funky the dlink is doing that is calling skype back out of silent mode. But mostly I just can't figure out how to make it stop

I know I can run skype as a service, and not allow it to interact with the desktop at all, but my ultimate goal is to be able to integrate skype video calls into sage a little bit, even if it's as rudimentary as a menu item that maxmimizes skype when i want to use it for video. so a completely invisible background service version of skype won't cut it. i just want silent mode to actually stay silent, and then i'll worry about finding a way to open it when i want to.

any ideas? i'm on xp home, btw. latest non-beta versions of everything involved, skype 3.8.0.188, skype2yac 1.04, latest dlink drivers....

Hi lazysean,

Do you mean the Skype software UI pops up or the InfoPopup in SageTV?

If you mean the Skype software UI... not sure where this may be breaking down. I just tested this on my system, I don't have the D-Link, but rather another phone/usb adapter. In silent mode, neither outbound or inbound calls to the skype account display any GUI on my system. I do get the occasional Skype GUI asking me to rate the quality of the call, I have not figured out how to prevent that, but I am not running Skype on my SageTV computer, so it does not interfere with the TV viewing experience.

running: skype 3.8.0.139, skype2yac 1.04

I'll try upgrading my software version in the next couple of weeks and seeing if that breaks it.

Thanks, shadeBlue
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 12-18-2008, 07:52 AM
Sage User

Yes, the Skype UI is what I'm talking about. It correctly stays silent when the call begins, but pops up when it disconnects so I'm left looking at my skype contacts. It's got to be caused by the d-link. I believe the most recent drivers for it pre-date the silent-mode feature in skype, so whatever api call it's using must be opening skype in a way that turns off silent-mode. I'm going to try contacting them but I won't hold my breath. I just wanted to ask here first and see if anyone else had seen this kind of behavior and maybe knew a way around it.

In the meantime, I've just moved the skype window down to the bottom of my screen (hidden by the overscan). Now I never see it, and have not had any problems so far with sage losing focus or anything. That might actually work out fine for me in the long run, too, I could just programatically move the window and bring it to front when "skype" is selected from the menus. We'll see. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

wow! this looks like an awesome plugin! One question though.. will i be able to answer the calls and talk with this? or do i need something else for that? If I hook a mic up to my htpc, will it pop up whos calling and ill be able to answer and talk to them?

haha lots of questions there but im just trying to figure this out... prolly gonna d/l and play with it tomorrow.

just thought of one more question, i get alot of chat conversations going.. will these pop up on the screen?

thanks in advance for any help
mike
Old 12-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by boognish View Post
wow! this looks like an awesome plugin! One question though.. will i be able to answer the calls and talk with this? or do i need something else for that? If I hook a mic up to my htpc, will it pop up whos calling and ill be able to answer and talk to them?

haha lots of questions there but im just trying to figure this out... prolly gonna d/l and play with it tomorrow.

just thought of one more question, i get alot of chat conversations going.. will these pop up on the screen?

thanks in advance for any help
mike
Hi Mike,

No sorry, this plug-in only forwards YAC messages that contain Caller ID information for incoming calls. If you use it in conjunction with the InfoPopup plugin, you can display the caller ID information to the screen on your SageTV clients and extenders.

Thanks, SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 01-16-2010, 01:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation Will not work when SageTV server and client are on the same machine!!

Okay, I finally upgraded to the latest version of infopopup

shadeBlue-SageInfoPopup (BETA-1.0.6).zip

However, I dont the popup message on the STV (sagemc or stock sageTV).

Here's my configuration:

I have sageTVservice.exe (server) running on the same machine as my client. Of course, I run both on the same machine at the same time.

So, I have tried loading the java runtime in the sageTV.properties
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.StartListener

...with the respective shadeBlue/infopopup/* settings and when I load up my client (on the same machine) and when i receive a skype call... the only prompt I get is from the Skpe app itself.

The ONLY way I can get the popup to show up is if I do not load my server at al and load all the shadeblue stuff in the client and only start my client.

It seems that any combination I tried, if the server is running in the background (even if there is no shadeblue configuration info in the respective sageTV.properties file), the client still doesnt show the popup.

How do I configure all of this so that I can see the popup message on the client thats on the same machine as the server? I also have other clients to worry about (at least they are on different locations)

I even tried loading the java runtimes and repective settings in both the server and the client and have both server and client run at the same time on the same machine, but that doesnt work at all. The server has to be off.

Can you please help give idiot proof step by step instructions on how to configure a machine that has both the server and the client running on the same machine... and what to do to get it to show up on the other extenders as well?

Thanks a million!
Michael

EDIT: It looks like someone asked this question a long time ago. You might want to add this solution to the Downloads page of this addon:

From here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj
Thanks for this plugin. It works an the extenders, but when I am watching on the server, I don't get the popup. Does this work when watching on the server?
Thanks

Yes, but on the server you are running a SageTV client instance, therefore you will have to add the same configuration line to the load_at_startup_runnable_classes for the file SageClient.properties. Also add the additional properties to this file:
shadeBlue/infopopup/bind_addr=0.0.0.0
shadeBlue/infopopup/bind_port=10630
Note, the port will need to be a different number than what was used in the Sage.properties file!

Next, you will need Neilm's modified version of the YAC executable and you will need to configure a separate listener for this new port. Nilem's modifiedversion of YAC and examples are here.

Finally make sure that the STVi import is included on the server's STV GUI.

That should do it....

Thanks, SB

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 01-16-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Only you can't download the custom YAC anymore...the link doesn't work.