SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Sage Icon

According to the SDK, the EVR only supports DXVA2 for HWA; but calls to DXVA2 should get translated to DXVA1.

I don't have a XP system to test it out on, but the latest version of EVRPlay will run on XP if it detects the EVR, so it should be easy for someone with XP to find out.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
According to the SDK, the EVR only supports DXVA2 for HWA; but calls to DXVA2 should get translated to DXVA1.

I don't have a XP system to test it out on, but the latest version of EVRPlay will run on XP if it detects the EVR, so it should be easy for someone with XP to find out.
Exactly right babgvant. The problem is the translation does not happen for h.264 files on Vista. XP does do the translation. I'm sure everyone following this thread has already read it, but I have a full description of the situation here.

In that post I say I ended up using XP for SageTV. Afterward I actually moved to an HD-100 which has been great. However, nothing beats the flexibility of SageTV Client on a PC. It will be awesome if we can start testing EVR this week and help the Sage developers get it ready for the next release.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 11-14-2008, 08:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Good news and bad news.... SageTV 6.5.1 with EVR option

There's a brand new beta out under the beta section of the forums. It automatically detects and selects EVR on Vista machines capable of using EVR.

The bad news is this feature simply doesnt work. It's possible when they put together the installer, they might have not included the newer files necessary to make it work. It's possible it might work on a machine that never had SageTV installed ever. But if you're upgrading from a previous SageTV version (even the latest full public release of 6.4.8), EVR simply doesnt work; at least for the first two people who have tried it.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-14-2008, 09:03 PM
SageTVaholic

This isn't a good week for new betas - yesterday there was the problem with new drivers for the HD-PVR and today this problem with Sage and EVR!
Old 11-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Sage Expert

Narflex recently posted a workaround to fix the EVR issue in the new 6.5.1 beta. I can confirm it fixes the main EVR problem for TV (but MKV files still have issues).

If you're having issues getting EVR working, try this workaround (link here):

regsvr32.exe STVEVRPrstr.dll
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 11-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

Sage support, Please enable Closed Captions with EVR.