SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

I had already deleted the jetty/webapps/bmt directory. I doubled checked, still not there.

Rebooted, started Sage, still service unavalable. I also stopped Sage, re-unzipped BMI to the correct locaton, deleted the jetty/webapps/bmt directory, moved in the BMT.xml... still nothing.

Stumped...
Old 10-09-2009, 01:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Stuckless,

Quick question you use MediaTitle to pull/save (ie directory name) fanart from the file metadata with BMI correct?

Do you parse it in anyway?

I have created a quick stvi to copy/convert all folder.jpgs to the fanart structure for people not wanting to use BMI so I am just checking my work.

TIA

pluckyhd
Old 10-09-2009, 05:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuDave42 View Post
I had already deleted the jetty/webapps/bmt directory. I doubled checked, still not there.
Rebooted, started Sage, still service unavalable. I also stopped Sage, re-unzipped BMI to the correct locaton, deleted the jetty/webapps/bmt directory, moved in the BMT.xml... still nothing.
Have you tried any other jettty apps to see if they work, such as sage mobile, nielms webserver (the jetty version), or sjq?

I had to look up the 503 code and this is what it says...
Quote:
10.5.4 503 Service Unavailable

The server is currently unable to handle the request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. The implication is that this is a temporary condition which will be alleviated after some delay. If known, the length of the delay MAY be indicated in a Retry-After header. If no Retry-After is given, the client SHOULD handle the response as it would for a 500 response.

Note: The existence of the 503 status code does not imply that a
server must use it when becoming overloaded. Some servers may wish
to simply refuse the connection.
I seriously doubt your jetty server is overloaded, but maybe you send me your maillog.txt sagetv_0.txt and jetty logs, and I can try to figure it out. You can email me at metadatatools at gmail dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Stuckless,

Quick question you use MediaTitle to pull/save (ie directory name) fanart from the file metadata with BMI correct?

Do you parse it in anyway?

I have created a quick stvi to copy/convert all folder.jpgs to the fanart structure for people not wanting to use BMI so I am just checking my work.
Yeah, the title does go through some mangling, you can create a "safe" title by calling this function from the stv.
Code:
NewTitle = sagex_phoenix_fanart_FanartUtil_createSafeTitle(YourTitle)
Old 10-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Sage User

Fanart Not Saved To Phoenix Folder

I installed BMT a few weeks ago and everything works and looks great. The problem is that nothing is being saved to the central fanart folder that I specified.

Images and properties files are just being saved in the video directories.

I have checked all of the fanart settings and they all specify the same central folder, including the settings on the jetty server.

Any ideas?
Old 10-12-2009, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post

Yeah, the title does go through some mangling, you can create a "safe" title by calling this function from the stv.
Code:
NewTitle = sagex_phoenix_fanart_FanartUtil_createSafeTitle(YourTitle)
Thanks a bunch for that hint the createSageTitle got rid of the problem titles I was seeing.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
the ..\jetty\ directory is correct. The ..\webserver\ directory was used by nielms webserver pre v2.25 (and is completely separate from jetty). v2.25 of nielms webserver that runs in jetty will still use that directory for some configuration files but it should be primarily empty after you upgrade to the latest version of nielms webserver running in jetty.

Have you tried to use a password that is not tied to a specific app but is general for all apps running in jetty? Also i believe the format you have for the user pass isn't correct (at least it doesnt follow the format in the default realm.properties file. Try something like this (the default format):
Code:
username:password, role
where role = user or admin or moderator... i believe the role is defined in the context file for each app and i have no idea what the differences between them are and if you can add your own custom roles

I believe this is more a general jetty configuration question, you may want to post in that thread... you will probably have better luck getting a response on how to set up jetty to use app specific user/passwords:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37099

also if you haven't checked out the jetty wiki you may want to do that:
http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugins/wiki/Jetty
My turn! I just set up SageAlert with no issues whatsoever. It picked up my already set up Jetty information (using SSL) without any problems. However, I cannot get any sort of authentication prompts in BMI. It just brings up the webpage and let's me play around.

Is BMI actually capable of authenticating using the Jetty credentials?
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 10-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
However, I cannot get any sort of authentication prompts in BMI. It just brings up the webpage and let's me play around.

Is BMI actually capable of authenticating using the Jetty credentials?
BMT 3.1 does not do any authentication by default. Sean posted a context.xml file a couple pages ago that adds the authentication lines to the file. The next update to BMT will include authentication in the context.xml file by default.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 10-14-2009, 08:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Damn... I did some searching in this thread, but came up empty. I'll seacrh again now that I know what I'm looking for. Thanks!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Found it (page 94, post 1868). Works fine with SSL, too, if you just add this line (found via Slugger and SageAlert's context file & instructions):

<Set name="dataConstraint">2</Set>

..right before this line:

<Set name="authenticate">true</Set>
Old 10-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Sage Icon

This forces the server to always use the SSL port.
Quote:
<Set name="dataConstraint">2</Set>
And this tells it to prompt for user/password.
Quote:
<Set name="authenticate">true</Set>
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks a bunch for that hint the createSageTitle got rid of the problem titles I was seeing.
Hey further to this discussion what is your backup to MediaTitle when fetching fanart or do you have one? (ie if they don't use BMI allot of their MediaTitles return null in my testing)
Old 10-15-2009, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hey further to this discussion what is your backup to MediaTitle when fetching fanart or do you have one? (ie if they don't use BMI allot of their MediaTitles return null in my testing)
the fanart api stuff will attempt to find a media title, although it is highly unreliable, which is why we have the mediatitle field (which is is really a fanart title). I forget the actual progression, but it will use the display title, or even reparse the filename to attempt to get the title.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
the fanart api stuff will attempt to find a media title, although it is highly unreliable, which is why we have the mediatitle field (which is is really a fanart title). I forget the actual progression, but it will use the display title, or even reparse the filename to attempt to get the title.
Okay so basically what I thought. What I could do then is do a progression check for mediatitle if it doesn't exist checkshowtitle etc etc once I find a title go ahead and set the mediatitle to whatever I am using so phoenix will pull the fanart correctly.

Sound about right?
Old 10-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

when using the my movies xml file, do i remove the other providers or just move my movies to the top?
Old 10-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapp View Post
when using the my movies xml file, do i remove the other providers or just move my movies to the top?
im pretty sure that's personal preference. If a movie in your collection doesn't exist in your my movies provider do you want BMT to go fetch the metadata from imdb or mymovies.

If you use BMT for TV and your My Movies provider does not handle TV then you will want to leave thetvdb and/or imdb(?) for TV.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 10-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

yea no tv just dvd collection. I set the xml file location and added mymovies-2 to the list, not sure if it is using the info or not.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:34 AM
Sage User

Request

This is just a request. I noticed that sometimes when " scanning " there are " failed " results... usually these are my anime files, but sometimes they are movies.

My request is that somehow when the failed scans are listed, have them as links, that will open a pop-up to manually edit the metadata information.. the reason for pop-up is so that it can be edited without having to navigate away from the results page (in case there are several more)

i.e.

Code:
(1) Failed MediaFile

[DB]_07-Ghost_21_[7B5B4304].avi
(2) Failed MediaFile

[DB]_07-Ghost_22_[75BF4FD1].avi
(3) Failed MediaFile

[DB]_07-Ghost_23_[F4A64865].avi
the file name's would be links to metadata editor for that particular file.

This would give the user easier access to fix the metadata for that particular file manually.

Thanx for your consideration.

ArcAiN6
Old 10-16-2009, 11:18 AM
SageTVaholic

That's a good idea... i'll add it to the list.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
im pretty sure that's personal preference. If a movie in your collection doesn't exist in your my movies provider do you want BMT to go fetch the metadata from imdb or mymovies.

If you use BMT for TV and your My Movies provider does not handle TV then you will want to leave thetvdb and/or imdb(?) for TV.

Ok, evidently i am just dense, I have removed all the providers with the exception of my movies, using mymovies-2 in the provider box. The problem is i cannot get it to read the xml file. i have rescanned several times from the bmi web interface, however i still have movies coming up with the wrong data. I meticulously checked each one when i added them with my movies so if bmi is reading the xml file why is it giving the wrong metadata?
Old 10-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Sage User

Display Title after scan vs after Find Metadata

I'm trying to figure out why the Display Title for a DVD would be different depending on if the metadata was found during a scan vs. if I manually click on the Find Metadata button after browsing through the collection.

After a scan the Display Title is something like Holiday/A Wish for Wings That Work/VIDEO_TS, while after pressing the Find Metadata button it's flattend to just A Wish for Wings that Work.

I noticed the difference when I tried to manually find the metadata for the handful of shows that scan didn't work for. (By the way, A Wish for Wings That Work wasn't want one of those--it scanned just fine; it's just at the top of my list and I'm too lazy to scroll down.)

Thanks,
Rich