SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigap View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but on web ui my last scan date and Total Scanned never change from Wed Dec. 31 18:00 CST 1969 and Zero, respectively.
Those values are reset everytime sagetv restarts. Also, they are only reporting files scanned by the automatic plugin, and it does not include the web ui, or on demand lookups.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I just scanned that file using 3.1 and it worked fine. I'm not sure if this is a 3.0.x issue or not, but I'd upgrade to the 3.1 release and try it again. How are you scanning it; commandline, web ui, stv, or automatic plugin?
I'm using the web UI. I will try upgrading tonight. Thanks
Old 09-19-2009, 02:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Arrow SageTV command line to force rescan of video imports

This may not be a BMT question specifically, but seems like a good place to ask. What command line can I use to get sageTV to do a rescan of Import folders (preferably for a specific import folder), or secondly, a general all Import directories rescan?

I currently use a directory monitoring automation tool called WatchDirectory which looks for changes in any directory/subdirectory and does a specific action. It would nice for me to get sageTV to automatically make a video/movie/song available the as soon as I finish downloading it. Of course, this would also affect BMT as well; which is why I'm asking here.

Thanks in advance for anyone that knows the answer.

-Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
precisely (check scan recordings and update fanart; uncheck update metadata)

click on the little question mark in that dialog box for more explanation
Thanks for the reply and confirmation. I have tried scanning half a dozen times with that configuration of options, however I can not get it to pull the fanart for "The Office." The scan results show 11 movies that are TV recordings that it can not find for some reason, however it does not download any fanart for "The Office." If I browse to the episode and search for metadata it provides many, many backgrounds, posters, and banners, but from what I understand if I hit save it will also override the metadata, which I do not want to happen. Any ideas how I get BMT to find the fanart and save it for "The Office?"

Thanks.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 09-19-2009, 02:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Wink

I'm not sure if this is the best way to do it, but Neilm's webserver does it via http. So, using wget.exe will execute that command for me at the commandline:

Code:
wget.exe --no-check-certificate "https://mkanet:password@localhost:8090/sage/GlobalCommand?command=UpdateMediaLibrary"
Pretty cool.. now I just download anything, and sageTV has it ready waiting for me... fanart and all

Edit: Its actually better than I thought, when I add/delete a video outside of sageTV in a folder, I can see the video thumbnails appear/disappear dynamically in realtime without having to refresh the screen. Best of all, no significant degradation on overall system performance (I actually dont notice a difference at all in Windows task manager).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
This may not be a BMT question specifically, but seems like a good place to ask. What command line can I use to get sageTV to do a rescan of Import folders (preferably for a specific import folder), or secondly, a general all Import directories rescan?

I currently use a directory monitoring automation tool called WatchDirectory which looks for changes in any directory/subdirectory and does a specific action. It would nice for me to get sageTV to automatically make a video/movie/song available the as soon as I finish downloading it. Of course, this would also affect BMT as well; which is why I'm asking here.

Thanks in advance for anyone that knows the answer.

-Michael

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 09-19-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
Thanks for the reply and confirmation. I have tried scanning half a dozen times with that configuration of options, however I can not get it to pull the fanart for "The Office." The scan results show 11 movies that are TV recordings that it can not find for some reason, however it does not download any fanart for "The Office." If I browse to the episode and search for metadata it provides many, many backgrounds, posters, and banners, but from what I understand if I hit save it will also override the metadata, which I do not want to happen. Any ideas how I get BMT to find the fanart and save it for "The Office?"

Thanks.
at one point i posted a collection of .bat files that you can use to run bmt too from the command line... if you search this thread for my user name you should be able to find them. just drag and drop of the office recordings onto the fanart only bat file... you may need to change the directory in the bat file if you have sage or bmt installed somewhere other then the default

just did the search on
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...bat#post372103
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-19-2009, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post

Thanks.
Assuming you are referring to the US version of The Office, try adding this, to your metadata-titles.properties
Code:
The\ Office=tvdb\:73244
You'll probably have to restart the sagetv server for this change to take effect.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
at one point i posted a collection of .bat files that you can use to run bmt too from the command line... if you search this thread for my user name you should be able to find them. just drag and drop of the office recordings onto the fanart only bat file... you may need to change the directory in the bat file if you have sage or bmt installed somewhere other then the default

just did the search on
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...bat#post372103
I was doing something else on my server which took control of my WHS console, so I gave the .bat file route a try. It worked like a charm. I was able to get fanart for "The Office" and "Cops." Thanks so much for the help.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 09-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
It would appear that the bmtweb app is not being picked up by jetty. When you extracted the bmt application, did it put the bmtweb.war in the jetty/webapps/ directory. When you browse the jetty/webapps directory, is there a bmtweb.jar and a bmtweb/ directory. Try removing the bmtweb directory (not that war, and restart sage)
Is there a specific path where the Jetty should be installed in?

when I uncompressed the BMT plugin I did so under the sageTV directory, since Jetty wasn't installed there there's no chance of bmtweb.war being placed into a Jetty directory, nor a bmtweb directory....

Belg
Old 09-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgrath View Post
Is there a specific path where the Jetty should be installed in?

when I uncompressed the BMT plugin I did so under the sageTV directory, since Jetty wasn't installed there there's no chance of bmtweb.war being placed into a Jetty directory, nor a bmtweb directory....

Belg
It should be extracted to the SageTV directory. See the Jetty installation instructions details.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
It would appear that the bmtweb app is not being picked up by jetty. When you extracted the bmt application, did it put the bmtweb.war in the jetty/webapps/ directory. When you browse the jetty/webapps directory, is there a bmtweb.jar and a bmtweb/ directory. Try removing the bmtweb directory (not that war, and restart sage)
In the Jetty/webapps directory I placed the bmt.war file..

after doing this, restarting the Jetty-Service.exe, then restarting SageTV I endup with:

Directory: /bmt/
META-INF/ 0 bytes Sep 20, 2009 2:07:37 PM

when connecting to:

http://localhost:8080/bmt/
Old 09-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
It should be extracted to the SageTV directory. See the Jetty installation instructions details.
Ah... I was downloading Jetty from their website, and placing it into another directory.. me dumb
Old 09-20-2009, 02:28 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't know if this is a BMT or SageMC problem, probably SageMC. What I noticed is that when browsing movies the titles appear to be extracted from the file name (colons are removed). But when you go into a movie's details the title appears correct, complete with colons and such.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I don't know if this is a BMT or SageMC problem, probably SageMC. What I noticed is that when browsing movies the titles appear to be extracted from the file name (colons are removed). But when you go into a movie's details the title appears correct, complete with colons and such.
Want to post a movie filename... I can run a test to see what BMT is getting as the metadata.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Want to post a movie filename... I can run a test to see what BMT is getting as the metadata.
Never mind. I just realized that this probably has to do with the updated way that SageMC works in File System mode. The other views display the title properly. Actually kind of makes sense.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Sean, great job on this, still remember it from the beginning

anyways my question is when i hit the browse button and browse videos i get about 6000 hits from all my folders and trying to find anything in that mess is impossible lol, all my stuff is stored in folders by the videos, i.e. Movies / Movies HD / Documentaries / Stand up comedy / music videos /

is there a way to just browse the files from one specific folder, i.e. "movies" only and go thru the metadata and fix the screwed up ones.

i tried the title contains filter, but that didnt do the trick as it only displays files with "movie" in the title
Old 09-21-2009, 10:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp328 View Post
is there a way to just browse the files from one specific folder, i.e. "movies" only and go thru the metadata and fix the screwed up ones.

i tried the title contains filter, but that didnt do the trick as it only displays files with "movie" in the title
Currently no. But, it was never my intention to have the browse work that the way it does. Browse as it's implemented, is the same as "Scan", except that it doesn't actually scan. You may recall that I didn't actually have a "Browse" menu until recently.

In some release of BMT, there will be a real "Browse" that will browse by folder, dvd, tv,movies, etc, and provide functionality for grouping, sorting, etc. Ie, the web browse will allow you to browse your tv files by season, or browse your collection by genre, etc. It's being worked on... I have no idea when it will be done
Old 09-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question about Description metadata

Sean,

I am currently testing your great stuff, kudos!

I have a question about how it handles description metadata: is there a way to keep the automatic scraper ON but disable updating the description field? I have the descriptions of TV episodes coming in local language from the EPG and would not like these being updated by tvdb or similar sources.

Different question: in order to have the correct episode title fetched automatically from the scraper shall I have the episode recordings with the Season and Episode numbers in the file name (e.g. TheSimpsons-S01E03-6363525.mpg)?

These questions have been probably discussed already and if so please apologize, but this thread has grown so much and reading everything is quite time consuming ...

TIA
svalmorri
Old 09-21-2009, 10:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by svalmorri View Post
is there a way to keep the automatic scraper ON but disable updating the description field?
Currently no. I've added an issue for this, so that I don't forget about it.

Quote:
Different question: in order to have the correct episode title fetched automatically from the scraper shall I have the episode recordings with the Season and Episode numbers in the file name (e.g. TheSimpsons-S01E03-6363525.mpg)?
If your sage recording format is in the format, "Futurama-MothersDay-000000-0.mpg", then bmt will pull out the show name and episode name and attempt to find a match that way. But, if you have season and episode information in the filename, in format, S##E##, then that is even better.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Currently no. I've added an issue for this, so that I don't forget about it.
Thanks!

Also, in the next release it would be great if you could disable Description AND Episode title. This is usually what people don't want to be overwritten by the automatic scraper.