SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
This may be beside the point. I downgraded my Metadata Tools until a fix for SageMC becomes available. But I noticed that the Display Title in the web interface of 3.1 shows the relative path but in 3.02 does not.
The differences in how 3.0.2 and 3.1 handle metadata, especially in the webui, are too numerous to explain

Quote:
In reference to what you stated that SageTV saves the relative path in the title and from what I gather essentially hides it when it is displayed in the STV. What appears to be happening to me in reference to 3.1 is that the relative path is being removed from from the Title in the wiz.bin.
That is correct, in 3.1, the Title is set as just the Title.

Quote:
Would this not also affect the default STV?
Nope. The default STV uses a completely different algorithm for creating it's filesystem view.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey Guys,

There is a new SageMC pre-release available here. This should fix the file system view problem that was exposed by BMI v3.1.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-15-2009, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Hey Guys,

There is a new SageMC pre-release available here. This should fix the file system view problem that was exposed by BMI v3.1.

Aloha,
Mike
Thanks Mike, I appreciate your help on this.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryttingm View Post
So I'd like some more information about what Sage Persistence is all about. I am attempting to name my dvd folders Band of Brothers_1. From what I can tell this should set the title to Band of Brothers - Disk 1 using the default value but it doesn't seem to work.

-Mike
Asking the question again.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Sage User

BMT how to skip user input

I'm using your very cool BMT tool as follows:

java -jar MetadataTool.jar --offline --metaDataOnly --provider=tvdb "cornergas-pilatesclub-000000-0.avi" and on some uses, it says "Skipping... Nothing found for Query" and it gives "q=quit, n=next" etc.

Is there a command line option to tell it to not ask the user, and just skip to next on all errors, such as -f in *nix?

Thanks,
-LL2
Old 09-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

installation incorrect?

- SageTV latest 6.6.2.208
- download Jetty 6.1.20 - launch the Jetty Service from the \bin directory
- I can connect to Jetty using http://192.168.1.xxx:8080/
- shutdown Sage
- place the BMT files in the root SageTV directory
- place the Sage Jetty server files in the root SageTV directory
- relaunch SageTV
- Connect to http://192.168.1.xxx:8080/bmt

I see the following error... Not sure if I've configured Jetty properly but it seemed to be working as far as getting the test posting being displayed. I'm guessing that I messed up something at the bmt installation...

But my steps should be following: http://code.google.com/p/customsaget...adataImporter3

------------------------------------------
WebApp JSP Snoop page
Request information
Requested URL: http://192.168.1.205:8080/jspsnoop/ERROR/404
Request method: GET
Request URI: /jspsnoop/ERROR/404
Request protocol: HTTP/1.1
Servlet path: /jspsnoop
Path info: /ERROR/404
Path translated: C:\Documents and Settings\xanth\Desktop\install\Jetty\jetty-6.1.20\webapps\test\ERROR\404
Query string:
Content length: -1
Content type: null
Server name: 192.168.1.205
Server port: 8080
Remote user: null
Remote address: 192.168.1.204
Remote host: 192.168.1.204
Authorization scheme: null
Request headers
Header: Value:
Host 192.168.1.205:8080
User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.14) Gecko/2009082707 Firefox/3.0.14 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Accept text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Language en-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive 300
Connection keep-alive
Cookie JSESSIONID=9lskx5dox6s7
Request Attributes
Attribute: Value:
javax.servlet.forward.request_uri /bmt
org.mortbay.jetty.error_page /jspsnoop/ERROR/404
javax.servlet.forward.servlet_path /bmt
testFilter 2
javax.servlet.error.message NOT_FOUND
requestInitialized ''
javax.servlet.forward.context_path
javax.servlet.error.status_code 404
javax.servlet.error.servlet_name default
javax.servlet.error.request_uri /bmt

Last edited by Belgrath; 09-16-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:53 AM
SageTVaholic

I have an interesting problem. I have a few tv shows that bmt will find info for some of the episodes in a season, but not others. They are all named in the same way. What's up with that? BTW I am using the latest version of bmt.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Can anyone tell me if BMT can pull the metadata for a Sage Recorded show that has been converted? I would like to be able to archive some recorded shows to another folder on my HTPC (not the Sage Recordings folder, but rather another folder by series), but BMT does not seem to be able to pull the data for me.

I recently recorded Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods (great show if anyone hasn't seen it), and converted it (using Sage transcode) to an AVI, keeping the same files names, etc...

When BMT scans my TV Shows folder where this lives, it doesn't do anything with it and the GUI shows me
Quote:
(1) Failed MediaFile
BizarreFoodsWithAndrewZimmern-BestBites-173758-0.avi
This is the first show I tried to run through BMT like this, so maybe this particular episode was not found in the TVDB? Not sure... I am trying some other shows later today and will look them up manually then throw them in the folder to check, but I thought I'd ask here first since there's no reason to keep trying something if it isn't supposed to work anyway.

Thanks folks! Sean - keep up the great work - I can't live without this now and the WAF keeps going up!

BTW - I am running the latest SageMC release as well as BMT 3.1
Old 09-17-2009, 09:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Asking the question again.
Sorry... I must have missed your question. You can try, "Band of Brothers CD1". If these are DVD folders, then I'm not sure if bmt will do multi dvd sets. I did add support for multi cd avis, but I don't know off hand if that translates over to multi volume dvds.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyWolf View Post
Is there a command line option to tell it to not ask the user, and just skip to next on all errors, such as -f in *nix?
I think you are looking for --prompt=false
Old 09-17-2009, 09:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgrath View Post
I see the following error... Not sure if I've configured Jetty properly but it seemed to be working as far as getting the test posting being displayed. I'm guessing that I messed up something at the bmt installation...
It would appear that the bmtweb app is not being picked up by jetty. When you extracted the bmt application, did it put the bmtweb.war in the jetty/webapps/ directory. When you browse the jetty/webapps directory, is there a bmtweb.jar and a bmtweb/ directory. Try removing the bmtweb directory (not that war, and restart sage)
Old 09-17-2009, 09:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I have an interesting problem. I have a few tv shows that bmt will find info for some of the episodes in a season, but not others. They are all named in the same way. What's up with that? BTW I am using the latest version of bmt.
depends on how bmt is attempting to find the info. if, it's using season and episode, then it's more reliable. If it's using only titles, then it's a little less accurate. Post a filename that fails and I'll do some testing. Also, you can try clearing out the cache/url directory and try again.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
Can anyone tell me if BMT can pull the metadata for a Sage Recorded show that has been converted?
If the episode is in thetvdb then it should work. If the episode is in thetvdb and it's sitll not working, then let me know, and i'll run some tests.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Sorry... I must have missed your question. You can try, "Band of Brothers CD1". If these are DVD folders, then I'm not sure if bmt will do multi dvd sets. I did add support for multi cd avis, but I don't know off hand if that translates over to multi volume dvds.
You seem busy. I figured it was just an oversight. I was the person that added multi-disc dvd support to the DVDPro2Sage class and it was a pretty big hit. Adding some support to BMT that would Automatically add "Disc #" to the title based on the name of the video file/folder would be much appreciated by many people. You could do this in a generic fashion because I know you have adding mutli-dvd support to the dvdprofiler import on your issues list. It could easily be handled for all imports.

I did try multiple combinations of CD1, S01D01, _1, but none seemed to work for importing a DVD folder. I suppose I could just look through your code to see how it's done but I've gotten lazy in my old age.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
depends on how bmt is attempting to find the info. if, it's using season and episode, then it's more reliable. If it's using only titles, then it's a little less accurate. Post a filename that fails and I'll do some testing. Also, you can try clearing out the cache/url directory and try again.
Thanks, but I think I figured it out. For some reason I have been unable to access thetvdb.com. Has anyone else had this problem?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Thanks, but I think I figured it out. For some reason I have been unable to access thetvdb.com. Has anyone else had this problem?
Yeah, on a few other forums members mentioned tvdb being down.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 09-17-2009, 12:35 PM
SageTVaholic

I have a suggestion for the web interface. Allow the Enter key to initiate the search. Having to go between keyboard and mouse so much is a waste of hand movement.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Yeah, on a few other forums members mentioned tvdb being down.
Its up again

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.thetvdb.com
Old 09-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Rock on, thanks mate.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 09-17-2009, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I have a suggestion for the web interface. Allow the Enter key to initiate the search. Having to go between keyboard and mouse so much is a waste of hand movement.
I agree. It's been added as an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Its up again
It is up... but it does seem to be very slow.

Quote:
You seem busy. I figured it was just an oversight. I was the person that added multi-disc dvd support to the DVDPro2Sage class and it was a pretty big hit. Adding some support to BMT that would Automatically add "Disc #" to the title based on the name of the video file/folder would be much appreciated by many people. You could do this in a generic fashion because I know you have adding mutli-dvd support to the dvdprofiler import on your issues list. It could easily be handled for all imports.

I did try multiple combinations of CD1, S01D01, _1, but none seemed to work for importing a DVD folder. I suppose I could just look through your code to see how it's done but I've gotten lazy in my old age.
At one point I was considering just using the DVDPro2Sage as a provider... but bmt and dvd2pro2sage uses different approaches for finding matches. I think dvd2prosage uses a file path/name matching whereas bmt uses a title matching. I have been planning some changes to the bmt search scanner that would make this integration easier, but it still a little ways off. And, of course, you are always welcome, and encouraged, to look at the code and make enhancements