SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Installation question

Do I install BMT on just my server and then the sage clients see the fanart -- or do I also need to install something on my clients as well? From the way I read it I install BMT to the server and then since I have SageMC I would import MetadataFanartTools-SageMC.xml and then that will allow the client to read the FanArt folder located on my NAS -- correct?

Last edited by macsupergeek; 09-09-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsupergeek View Post
Do I install BMT on just my server and then the sage clients see the fanart -- or do I also need to install something on my clients as well? From the way I read it I install BMT to the server and then since I have SageMC I would import MetadataFanartTools-SageMC.xml and then that will allow the client to read the FanArt folder located on my NAS -- correct?
Yes, think of your server as the component serving the fanart to the clients (in the same way it serves up media). e.g. if you are using SageMC on your clients, simply enable fanart in your client SageMC options and you should be good. You only need to import that .xml on your clients if you want to ondemand lookup fanart from your client.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 09-09-2009, 09:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If you are using the SageClient software, then you will need to have bmt extracted on that machine as well, IF you want to import the bmt xml and do on-demand lookups of fanart. (but the webui, etc, does not need to configured, just extract the plugin and import the xml)

Also, SageMC and a couple of other plugins use the phoenix apis for fanart. BMT is usually recommended since it contains the lastest phoenix apis as well.

If you are using extenders and placeshifters, then you only need to install bmt on the server.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Stuckless,

Great Great work on the latest release all my issues previously seem to have gone away. Nice Job

I have one feature request and I will log it but I would like to see the mpaa rating description imported into the sagedb as well.

Again nice job you never cease to amaze me.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:13 PM
SageTVaholic

I have something strange going on with my video library. In SageMC I have a whole bunch of videos showing up in the root File System view which shouldn't be there. Not sure what's going on. Very odd.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I have something strange going on with my video library. In SageMC I have a whole bunch of videos showing up in the root File System view which shouldn't be there. Not sure what's going on. Very odd.
This is after doing a full scan i assume? I tested using sagemc (and the default stv) last night, before I released this build, and I didn't see anything unusual like that. I'll check sagemc again tonight and look for this specifically.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
This is after doing a full scan i assume? I tested using sagemc (and the default stv) last night, before I released this build, and I didn't see anything unusual like that. I'll check sagemc again tonight and look for this specifically.
Yes, this was after a full scan.

Another thing I noticed is that when I do a scan not all my videos show up like they did before. Very strange. BTW, I upgraded to 3.1 this morning.

FYI, I noticed that the title bar says 3.04 for the version.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

still confused

So I do have SageMC, stuckless, so you are saying because of that I need to install BMT so that the phoenix apis and the lot is in there just to support the fanart -- and it is NOT just good enough on a SageClient to just turn on the fanart in SageMC. Thanks for your help, I just want to do it right. I had all this setup and then I wanted to add a ripped DVD and it wouldn't show up, so as per the forums I disabled BMT and now all my videos import happily. Can you also tell me if this bug is fixed in 3.1?
Old 09-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I had the same thing happen with one of my import dirs. I removed the import dir from Sage and refreshed. Then, re-added the import directory and refreshed and all the videos showed up where they were supposed to be.
Client: Fire TV Stick 4K
Old 09-09-2009, 07:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Another thing I noticed is that when I do a scan not all my videos show up like they did before. Very strange. BTW, I upgraded to 3.1 this morning.
In 3.1 I fixed the automatic plugin to NEVER return null property values, which causes issues for the SageTV library importer. If you are not seeing ALL of your vidoes, could you check the log and see if you have an error from the LIbraryImporter process.

Quote:
FYI, I noticed that the title bar says 3.04 for the version.
I need to automate the version updating in the webui when I do new builds. I do that for the bmt core code, I was just lazy here, so the web ui requires a manual update of the version #. I'll update that in the next build.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So I do have SageMC, stuckless, so you are saying because of that I need to install BMT so that the phoenix apis and the lot is in there just to support the fanart -- and it is NOT just good enough on a SageClient to just turn on the fanart in SageMC.
That's correct.

Quote:
I had all this setup and then I wanted to add a ripped DVD and it wouldn't show up, so as per the forums I disabled BMT and now all my videos import happily. Can you also tell me if this bug is fixed in 3.1?
This bug should be fixed in 3.1. Prior to 3.1, sometimes sagetv would abort scanning media if bmt returned some metadata that contained null values. I fixed this in 3.1.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfi33 View Post
I had the same thing happen with one of my import dirs. I removed the import dir from Sage and refreshed. Then, re-added the import directory and refreshed and all the videos showed up where they were supposed to be.
I can't reproduce this myself, but I will keep an eye out for this error. Perhaps others will experience the same issue and over time I'll get enough information to fix it.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I can't reproduce this myself, but I will keep an eye out for this error. Perhaps others will experience the same issue and over time I'll get enough information to fix it.
This happened with previous builds but not an issue for me with the latest on default or sagemc using plugin.

ps Did I mention I love the webui!!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 09:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
In 3.1 I fixed the automatic plugin to NEVER return null property values, which causes issues for the SageTV library importer. If you are not seeing ALL of your vidoes, could you check the log and see if you have an error from the LIbraryImporter process.
Nope, I ran a scan and all I see are ImageUtils entries for where it is resizing the images for the web page. No error entries for LibraryImporter.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
+1 for this happening. At first I thought My folder view was set to All Videos (But it was set to folder view) but I have about 30 files show up in the root. Ill just rename my folders and re imports to see if it fixes it.

Technazz
Old 09-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Hiya Sean,

I've got a small issue with the automatic plugin which I've now enabled. If I add a new file to the TV area of my library it seems to pick this new show up just fine but it continues to scan the whole TV show folder....not too much of an issue but I have over 350 TV episodes and thus it takes along time to complete the scan. Is it supposed to rescan existing shows that have already been scanned?

I've attached my mailcheck.log which may not be correct as I couldn't find one for today but it did do this last night so hopefully it will contain those automatic scans.

Also is there any news on when we'll be able to use the automatic plugin to add TV shows to Sage recording database? I see you said there are technical difficulties in your change log but what are those difficulties?

Many Thanks

Ben
Attached Files
File Type: zip mailcheck.log.zip (2.4 KB, 184 views)
Old 09-10-2009, 08:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Hiya Sean,

I've got a small issue with the automatic plugin which I've now enabled. If I add a new file to the TV area of my library it seems to pick this new show up just fine but it continues to scan the whole TV show folder....not too much of an issue but I have over 350 TV episodes and thus it takes along time to complete the scan. Is it supposed to rescan existing shows that have already been scanned?

I've attached my mailcheck.log which may not be correct as I couldn't find one for today but it did do this last night so hopefully it will contain those automatic scans.

Also is there any news on when we'll be able to use the automatic plugin to add TV shows to Sage recording database? I see you said there are technical difficulties in your change log but what are those difficulties?

Many Thanks

Ben
The automatic plugin is called by sagetv, which means that bmt scans a single file at a time, as sagetv calls it. If ALL of the mediafiles are being scanned when you add a single file, then it could be that sage is forcing a refresh of your media items, which may happen in the force rescan flag is set.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The automatic plugin is called by sagetv, which means that bmt scans a single file at a time, as sagetv calls it. If ALL of the mediafiles are being scanned when you add a single file, then it could be that sage is forcing a refresh of your media items, which may happen in the force rescan flag is set.
Its not ALL of my mediafiles only those that I've imported into the Sage DB. Where is the force rescan flag, I can't see it.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Its not ALL of my mediafiles only those that I've imported into the Sage DB. Where is the force rescan flag, I can't see it.
I don't know the exact flag, but there is a force full reindex flag, you can check the first post in BMT.. I think i mention it there as well.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I don't know the exact flag, but there is a force full reindex flag, you can check the first post in BMT.. I think i mention it there as well.
Ah, that one....no thats not set.

force_full_content_reindex=false

I'm just waiting for it to finish the current scan, then I'll add another TV show. I'll wait for the automatic plugin to kick in and see if it does it again, its currently set to rescan every hour.

Seems strange that it only does TV shows which have been imported into the Sage DD and not Movies.

Last edited by jaminben; 09-10-2009 at 09:16 AM.