SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Sage Expert

I just finished watching Sniper 2. After it was over, I changed the channel a couple times. The two channels I changed to now show up as Sniper 2 .
Old 09-05-2009, 06:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Again... bmt does nothing to allow you to see fanart, that is a function of SageMC, SMV, TVExplorer, etc... BMT simply downloads the fanart files, when requested. I'm stressing the difference here, because in your case, you are not invoking bmt by simply using a plugin that takes advantage of fanart.

As for the "error" of the missing phoenix.xml... that is not an error, and the code needs to better reflect that it's simply a warning. Because bmt uses a part of phoenix, then ALL of phoenix is not installed. The error has no effect on the operation of bmt.

Did, turning off fanart fix the placeshifter problem?
Sean, turning off the fanart in PS actually disabled the fanart at the server level.

I HAVE confirmed that once I re-enabled it, and tried to look at another file with fanart, Placeshifter crashed again. I am thinking that is must be one of two things - 1) either the fanart can't be pushed through the wireless connection and PS "gives up", or it is looking for the fanart on the "D" drive of my laptop and not at the server... all the fanart is kept on the server.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
I just finished watching Sniper 2. After it was over, I changed the channel a couple times. The two channels I changed to now show up as Sniper 2 .
When you changed channels, was that watching live tv, or just navigating to a new show in the EPG? I'm also wondering if this is a UI caching issue. ie, if for some reason the UI is holding on to the last fanart. You can check the Fanart Directory for the show that you were viewing and see if it has a fanart entry, and then check to see if the images are for sniper2 or if they are correct.

And can you verify if you get the same results using just SageMC? BTW, if think that from Razrsharpe's comment, that no one is setting the MediaTitle field, so do worry about searching for the SetMediaFileMetadata api calls.

Maybe the next time this happens, you can email me the logs (mailcheck and sagetv_0) at metdatatools at gmail.com
Old 09-05-2009, 07:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
or it is looking for the fanart on the "D" drive of my laptop and not at the server... all the fanart is kept on the server.
That could be... but i think placeshifter gets all of its configuration from the server just like the hd200 does. That being said any reason not to use UNC paths for everything? removes one more variable...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-05-2009, 07:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I HAVE confirmed that once I re-enabled it, and tried to look at another file with fanart, Placeshifter crashed again. I am thinking that is must be one of two things - 1) either the fanart can't be pushed through the wireless connection and PS "gives up", or it is looking for the fanart on the "D" drive of my laptop and not at the server... all the fanart is kept on the server.
Using incorrect paths, or having files too large, should not cause the placeshifter to crash. In those cases, the fanart should simply not show.

When the placeshifter crashes, does it produce a jvm dump log (hs_err??? log) in the placeshifter home directory. If so, perhaps your could post it here.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
TVExplorer reads alot of the extra metadata but does not set any.

plucky stores custom "tags" for select videos in the extra metadata item "MediaTags". This is how he does the custom category/tagging inside SMW. This shouldn't effect any of the other extra metadata items (MediaTitle, Title, Description, MediaType, etc). The api that we (plucky and I) have been developing (SMW v4 uses it and TVE v2 will once its released) has some api calls that also set metadata, but again these api calls only set the extra metadata item "MediaTags".
I assumed as much razr, since I know you helped me out when I had this problem. I figured you would have said something then if you suspected an issue with your plugin. I thought I would post what I found since stuckless asked.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
I assumed as much razr, since I know you helped me out when I had this problem. I figured you would have said something then if you suspected an issue with your plugin. I thought I would post what I found since stuckless asked.
of course... i was just confirming/explaining what you found
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
When you changed channels, was that watching live tv, or just navigating to a new show in the EPG? I'm also wondering if this is a UI caching issue. ie, if for some reason the UI is holding on to the last fanart. You can check the Fanart Directory for the show that you were viewing and see if it has a fanart entry, and then check to see if the images are for sniper2 or if they are correct.

And can you verify if you get the same results using just SageMC? BTW, if think that from Razrsharpe's comment, that no one is setting the MediaTitle field, so do worry about searching for the SetMediaFileMetadata api calls.

Maybe the next time this happens, you can email me the logs (mailcheck and sagetv_0) at metdatatools at gmail.com
I can make it happen any time. I only use SageMC. I first update the fanart for a particular movie, whether it's through BMI or manually adding the directory for the show and downloading the pics from themoviedb. Then all I need to do is change the channel (LiveTV). Whether it's through the guide or the channel up/down button.

Also, the show has no fanart directory/entry. It's the metadata that has the incorrect title, pointing to Sniper 2, or whichever show I just updated.

But, mailcheck.log hasn't been updated since 6/16/09 and sagetv_0 doesn't exist.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

That was my thought as well about "can't find the file, so I can't show it to you."

There is no jvm log - the only debugging log that I can find is the mailcheck.log, and it still gives the line

Quote:
2009-09-05 15:54:53,545 ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataProvider (XmlMetadataProvider.java:20) - Missing Configuration File: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\.\STVs\Phoenix\Configuration\Phoenix.xml
I updated my fanart folder and made it a network share, and it worked once - displayed one screen of fanart - but when I went to a second show, PS crashed again.

I am going to try and look at a few more things, then I will probably open a ticket with Sage to try and figure out what's going on. I don't even NEED to see the fanart on my Placeshifter connection because it's always going to be a late night show viewing or something on the road and the fanart isn't even necessary. I just like seeing it on my main client/server.

Unless someone can come up with something else, I may just have to disable this great plugin altogether... :-(
Old 09-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've created a new scraper that picks up some of my archived TV shows. I'm attaching here in case this is useful to anyone else. This scraper assumes that the files contain season/episode info in the filename, and the show name is in the containing folder. As examples, it will recognize all of the following as "House, Season 4 Episode 9"
Code:
House/s04e09.mkv
House/409.mkv
House/4x09.mkv
It also ignores extraneous text in the filename, in the case that it has more than the season and episode numbers.

To install, download to your BMT directory in scrapers/xbmc/tvfilenames and remove the .txt extension. (It's an xml file, I just can't attach those.)
Attached Files
File Type: txt show-in-folder.xml.txt (951 Bytes, 249 views)
Old 09-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Sage Icon

stuckless I saw that you found problems with 3.0.3, but I had already installed it. I'm not seeing issues, but since I don't know what the problem was I might be missing it. Could you elaborate so I can make an informed decision on rolling back to 3.0.2?
Old 09-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

So I'd like some more information about what Sage Persistence is all about. I am attempting to name my dvd folders Band of Brothers_1. From what I can tell this should set the title to Band of Brothers - Disk 1 using the default value but it doesn't seem to work.

-Mike
Old 09-06-2009, 08:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
stuckless I saw that you found problems with 3.0.3, but I had already installed it. I'm not seeing issues, but since I don't know what the problem was I might be missing it. Could you elaborate so I can make an informed decision on rolling back to 3.0.2?
There are 3 main issues that I discovered onces I rescanned my collection

1. if you do a scan from the web ui and select Import as TV, then ALL media is imported as TV, that includes movies and TV, which is not he intended behaviour of that flag.

2. The titles of import tv items has a messed up display title because it was choosing an incorrect title mask.

3. For existing TV titles that are re-scanned using the automatic plugin, it appears to totally mess up the display title. Again, an issue with the title masks.

These issues are comming up because of changes that I had to make to the persistence to bypass the title masks when you save metadata that is manually edited in the web ui. All in all... titles masks were fine when everything was automated and run once... but now that you can manually edit metadata, etc, the title masks are proving to be somewhat problematic.

I'm hoping to have a fix out tomorrow.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Beginners Bad Luck

I am making my first attempt to use the WebUI with BMT, but I am having problems. Below, please find the configuration information requested for trouble shooting:

What bmt version 2.x (stable) or 3.x (beta)?
  • metadata-updater-3.0.3.zip

What SageTV version?

SageMC or default STV?
  • SageMC

SageMC version?
  • SageMC16x9 for SageTV 6.x (Build v6.3.9a)

Java version?
  • V.6 update 13

Phoenix version?

SageTV setup:
Is central FanArt folder enabled? Yes-default
Is central FanArt folder local or a network share? local
Do you have SageTV set up to do automatic scans? Yes
If yes, how often? 2 hours
Do the scans import new videos?
Yes

BMT setup:
Command Line Tool:
Have you successfully used the command line tool? no

On-demand Tool:
Have you imported the on-demand plugin (stvi of xml)? Yes
Do you have the on-demand plug-in enabled? Yes

Automatic tool:
Do you have these 2 properties set in sage.properties? Yes

Please give a description of the steps to reproduce your issue:
I have made my first attempt to use the WebUI. I installed Jetty and I can access the WebUI, but when I attempt to scan I get Windows Internet Explorer message—Server Returned an Error. If I scan with “Don’t Update Anything—Just Scan” checked, then my media files appear, but when I choose them, I get a Windows Internet Explorer message—Failed to load metadata. I’m not sure where to start troubleshooting. I am attaching a copy of mailcheck.log. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Attached Files
File Type: txt mailcheck2.txt (21.0 KB, 178 views)

Last edited by scm; 09-06-2009 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Forgot to attach file
Old 09-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sean -- is there a way with BMT to disable ONLY the fanart downloading and still keep the metadata? I have opened a ticket with Sage, but with the long weekend don't expect an answer for another couple of days. Right now, I am just weighing my options.

Fanart is nice, but it is only eye candy - I am more impressed with the metadata that give the show synopsis and details. There is an option to disable fanart, but would this also disable the metadata download?

When I click on the "?" in the UI, it says "Enable Fanart Downloading". I could probably do without the fanart at this point if it's causing more grief and a low WAF on the client side, but I'd still LOVE to keep the show details.

BTW - I tested this with the trial SAGE CLIENT and it seems to work flawlessly. Not sure what's going on there - mind you, this IS over a wireless connection so there's obviously something different in the way PS and CLIENT connect and process the data.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sean -- is there a way with BMT to disable ONLY the fanart downloading and still keep the metadata?
There is a couple of options....
1. From the WebUI search for "fanart" in the configuration and disable fanart. That will prevent fanart from downloading in the central fanart folder, but it will still download a poster and write it in the default sagetv poster area. Also, delete the central fanart folder, and that way, if fanart is enabled in the UI, then it won't be able to find the images.

2. You can try adjusting the scale width of the downloaded fanart. by default posters are scaled to 400px, but backgrounds are not scaled at all. Go into the Web UI and search for "scale" in the configuration, and then set a background width to 1200 or 720. You'll then want to delete all fanart in the central fanart folder so that when it is downloaded, it will re-scale the fanart if it is downloaded again.
[/quote]

BTW - I tested this with the trial SAGE CLIENT and it seems to work flawlessly. Not sure what's going on there - mind you, this IS over a wireless connection so there's obviously something different in the way PS and CLIENT connect and process the data.[/QUOTE]
If you delete the central fanart folder, and then try the placeshifter again, then that will prove that the culprit is a piece of fanart.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm View Post
I am making my first attempt to use the WebUI with BMT, but I am having problems.
I noticed you are using 3.0.3... which is broken. I'd try again using the 3.0.2 release.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

I did "delete" the fanart folder (moved it, actually) and Placeshifter worked just fine - displayed the program information but not the fanart. It also did not display the fanart on the server/client, BUT - it also would not allow me to download any new metadata from the "on demand" menu in the video options "Edit Video Information", nor does it auto-download anything. Is there another "hidden" little gem, Sean, that tells BMT to download the metadata and just not the fanart?
Old 09-07-2009, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I did "delete" the fanart folder (moved it, actually) and Placeshifter worked just fine - displayed the program information but not the fanart. It also did not display the fanart on the server/client, BUT - it also would not allow me to download any new metadata from the "on demand" menu in the video options "Edit Video Information", nor does it auto-download anything. Is there another "hidden" little gem, Sean, that tells BMT to download the metadata and just not the fanart?
When you disable fanart in the web ui, it should still fetch metadata and save it, but ONLY the fanart should be disabled (ie, not downloaded).
Old 09-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I noticed you are using 3.0.3... which is broken. I'd try again using the 3.0.2 release.
I tried this. I do get a list of many of my movies now, but when I select one, I get the "failed to load metadata" error.

Does the fact I can access the WebUI indicate that Jetty is installed correctly? How else can I test the Jetty install?