SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
Can anyone confirm what the path syntax should be in that dialog box?
Sean just posted about this a couple posts ago... it's a regular expression so sometimes less is more... my recommendation, try just "misc"
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Sage User

? about : colons

How do you get around colons in title descriptions?

i am trying to get the meta data for Terminator: The sarah conner chronicles, but i am not getting anything b/c i cant put the : in the title.

???
Old 09-01-2009, 04:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Drop your colon.

Just have a space.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Sean just posted about this a couple posts ago... it's a regular expression so sometimes less is more... my recommendation, try just "misc"
Thanks! Went back a couple of pages and found Sean's post... the pipe is the magic symbol... LOL (sometimes the pipe IS good for you!) It's all good again!
Old 09-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Sage Expert

I can't get this program to pull from thetvdb. Their art for TV shows is always better. Am I doing something wrong? I just right click on the program's info and choose metadata/fanart. It pulls from themoviedb instead.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Try this:

Metadata Tools -> Metadata Configuration -> Registered Providers

Click on the button "..." and make sure that thetvdb is first in the list (moveup or movedown)
Old 09-04-2009, 07:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy Placeshifter Shuts Down...

I recently rebuilt my HTPC (about two weeks ago now) and have the newest BMT installed (3.0.2) as well as Sage 6.1.2 (? latest version, anyway)

Here's my problem - when I fire up Placeshifter on my laptop (first time was last night, actually since the install of BMT) it will immediately shut down when it accesses a media folder that is being monitored by BMT.

If I navigate through my folder structure to the folder, say, "Ghost Hunters" that currently only has one video, I can press "PLAY" from the folder listing and that single video will play with NO issues...

Has anyone else seen this issue? I am posting here rather than in the Placeshifter thread, because I am 100% certain that there is something going on with BMT and the Placeshifter because it never did that before I installed BMT.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here's my problem - when I fire up Placeshifter on my laptop (first time was last night, actually since the install of BMT) it will immediately shut down when it accesses a media folder that is being monitored by BMT.

Has anyone else seen this issue? I am posting here rather than in the Placeshifter thread, because I am 100% certain that there is something going on with BMT and the Placeshifter because it never did that before I installed BMT.
I don't think that people quite realize how BMT works. When you select a media folder in sagetv, or browse your media library, etc, BMT does nothing. In fact the ONLY time bmt does anything, is when you explicitly select a file and then select the Metadata/Fanart button, OR, if you tell sage to refresh it's library, and then SageTV will contact BMT for metadata. bmt doesn't even sit idle.... since it's not "loaded" in the sense that it's a tread or process.

It could be that their a some piece of fanart/metadata that is causing sagetv to crash when you load it using SageMC, SMW, etc.

If you are not using the default STV, then switch to the default STV and try it again. if it still crashes, then it's probably a SageTV bug. if it doesn't crash, then try using the just the base SageMC stv and see if it crashes... it does then post a bug with SageMC. Bottom line, I don't know what STV you are using or what stvi plugins you may have loaded. ie, are you using SMW, or iMovies, or something else to manage your media library. If you are, then try removing those temporarily and see if the problem exists. Also you can try removing bmt as well, which is basically , just removing the stvi import and removing the entry in the Sage.properties for the metadata_parser_plugin. if those 2 things are removed, then bmt will never be called.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Sage Expert

Guys, have any of you had a problem with one show changing the title to another?

For instance, I'm watching Sniper. I searched for metadata/fanart through the info menu. That went fine and the art showed up no problem. I changed the channel to a show in the History channel and the Sniper fanart shows up for the History channel show, too. I then started watching Sniper 2 (yeah yeah, bad movies :P), and the fanart for Sniper showed up.

Any insight?

If I look up the recording in the BMI gui, the title was changed from whatever show I switched to to Sniper. This has happened quite a few times this week. I've done a lot of updating and adding to fanart.

Last edited by MitchSchaft; 09-04-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Sean.... I do understand (mostly) how BMT works, but I also am aware that it "installs" itself into the SageMC STV, which is why I can see the fanart when I look at my shows and movies. That being said, I decided to turn on the debug logging and see what happens when I connect through Placeshifter.

I am actually using the MINICLIENT, and when I navigate to a folder/file that has fanart attached, Placeshifter crashes and closes. Here is the line in mailcheck.log:

Quote:
2009-09-04 19:14:06,954 ERROR [MiniUIServer] sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataProvider (XmlMetadataProvider.java:20) - Missing Configuration File: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\.\STVs\Phoenix\Configuration\Phoenix.xml
Now I recall seeing (I think) that BMT needs PHOENIX, or at least JETTY does? When I went to the SAGE\Phoenix folder, there is no phoenix.xml - how and when this disappeared, who knows...

Short of re-installing everything - can someone tell me what package will actually fix this?

Quote:
Quote:
I have enable full debugging.
I noticed this error in the logs:

2009-06-15 00:18:04,733 ERROR [btpool0-7] sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataProvider (XmlMetadataProvider.java:20) - Missing Configuration File: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\Phoenix\Configuration\Phoenix.xml

I can't seem to find this file anywhere. is it needed?
Not needed. BMT uses the phoenix configuration metadata apis, and as such, if it's there, it will be loaded, if not, then shouldn't matter. I assume you are able to "configure" the other things using the web ui, such as log4j, Metadata Tools, etc.
Found this in a previous post, but haven't been able to find a "final" solution. Does anyone know if there is a setting within Placeshifter for BMT that won't be looking for the Phoenix.xml? BMT is working 100% on my main server/client.

*** wow... gotta start digging a little more - found the setting in PS - SageMC setup, and I just disabled the fanart altogether. I was worried that the setting would filter to the server/client - only disables the fanart on the Placeshifter. ***

Last edited by can3gxw; 09-04-2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 09-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Mitch,
Is this what you're referring to:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=1382

If so, then you may be in for a time. Actually, if you find an easier way to resolve this issue, please let me know. But I ended up deleting all of my tv fanart and .properties files, then rescan all of my tv directories. I actually had to do this twice, as I realized that the problem returned if I used the on demand plugin. I'm still cleaning up some of the debris. Not sure what I did to start it or why it hasn't happend since.

Cheers
Old 09-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Sage Expert

Yeah, man, that's exactly what my does . I'll keep you posted on what I find out. I just noticed it a few days ago with recordedTV. I haven't checked my movies out.
I've just been renaming them using the GUI to get it back to normal.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hey Sean.... I do understand (mostly) how BMT works, but I also am aware that it "installs" itself into the SageMC STV, which is why I can see the fanart when I look at my shows and movies.
Again... bmt does nothing to allow you to see fanart, that is a function of SageMC, SMV, TVExplorer, etc... BMT simply downloads the fanart files, when requested. I'm stressing the difference here, because in your case, you are not invoking bmt by simply using a plugin that takes advantage of fanart.

As for the "error" of the missing phoenix.xml... that is not an error, and the code needs to better reflect that it's simply a warning. Because bmt uses a part of phoenix, then ALL of phoenix is not installed. The error has no effect on the operation of bmt.

Did, turning off fanart fix the placeshifter problem?
Old 09-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah, this happend to me before 3.02 was released, so I couldn't update the title via the gui. Until I was able to do that, I couldn't properly match up all of my fanart. In some cases the display title was correct, but the show title was wrong. In other cases, both of those were correct, but the episode title was wrong (and it would display the fanart for the wrong title). Going through each incorrect show one-by-one using the gui (once the update came out that allowed you to do that) was the only way I was able to get all my tv shows displaying the correct fanart. Fortunately, none of my imported videos were affected. Hopefully, that's the case for you as well.

If you can actually force it to happen, it may benefit stuckless and anyone using BMT to turn on logging and post a log file. By the time I tried doing that, I couldn't replicate the issue.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Sage Expert

Logging has been on since I installed it a couple months ago as far as I remember. Just let me know where those log files are supposed to be. And it's only in recordedTV for me, too.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
Yeah, man, that's exactly what my does . I'll keep you posted on what I find out. I just noticed it a few days ago with recordedTV. I haven't checked my movies out.
I've just been renaming them using the GUI to get it back to normal.
Are you able to tell if you .properties for a given movie has the incorrect MediaTitle field as well.

Sorry petereader, I don't recall seeing your issue, but thanks for referencing it again. I can't understand how bmt is cross contaminating the metadata. When BMT fetches metadata, it creates a new empty metadata object and then begins to fill in the data. It doesn't re-use any metadata objects from previous searches, etc, so this particular issue is very bizarre.

Is it possible that another plugin is calling SetMediaFileMetadata and changing the metadata? If you search through the STV, you can probably see if a plugin is calling that API with the MediaTitle field. I doubt this is case, but i'd like to rule it out.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Are you able to tell if you .properties for a given movie has the incorrect MediaTitle field as well.

Sorry petereader, I don't recall seeing your issue, but thanks for referencing it again. I can't understand how bmt is cross contaminating the metadata. When BMT fetches metadata, it creates a new empty metadata object and then begins to fill in the data. It doesn't re-use any metadata objects from previous searches, etc, so this particular issue is very bizarre.

Is it possible that another plugin is calling SetMediaFileMetadata and changing the metadata? If you search through the STV, you can probably see if a plugin is calling that API with the MediaTitle field. I doubt this is case, but i'd like to rule it out.
Hi Stuckless,
No worries. i know you have plenty on your plate as is. I know this questions was directed towards Mitch, but I wanted try and help with this issue if I could, especially since someone else is experiencing the same problem( and perhaps keep it from coming back on my setup). How do I "search through the STV"? Using studio? I'll give it a try and see what I come up with.

If it helps, these are the plugins I'm currently using: Movietimes, netflix, SMW, detailed video info, and TV Explorer. The only plugins that I can imagine might be using that call are TV Explorer and SMW.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Sage Expert

Yeah, the .properties file has the correct name, but incorrect info inside.

Example:
Sniper 2 has Sniper 1 info in it. Check out the attachment. It tries to apply the previous channel's info. It will happen if I add fanart/metadata, change the channel and the new channel has the previous channel's stuff.

I don't know how to search through the STV either.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sniper2-994118-0.mpg.zip (1.3 KB, 172 views)
Old 09-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK, I opened up Studio and searched for all instances of SetMediaFileMetadata and, since I don't know enough about Studio to tell you what I found, I attached a screencap instead. Unfortunately this screens resolution is not good enough to capture it all in one screencap, so I should mention that the tree begins with a menu widget labeled "Sage Movie Wall Custom Grouping". That is the only instance of the call that was found.

Also, don't know if it's relevant or not, but this is from a client.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg getmetadata.jpg (85.0 KB, 193 views)
Old 09-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
If it helps, these are the plugins I'm currently using: Movietimes, netflix, SMW, detailed video info, and TV Explorer. The only plugins that I can imagine might be using that call are TV Explorer and SMW.
TVExplorer reads alot of the extra metadata but does not set any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Unfortunately this screens resolution is not good enough to capture it all in one screencap, so I should mention that the tree begins with a menu widget labeled "Sage Movie Wall Custom Grouping". That is the only instance of the call that was found.
plucky stores custom "tags" for select videos in the extra metadata item "MediaTags". This is how he does the custom category/tagging inside SMW. This shouldn't effect any of the other extra metadata items (MediaTitle, Title, Description, MediaType, etc). The api that we (plucky and I) have been developing (SMW v4 uses it and TVE v2 will once its released) has some api calls that also set metadata, but again these api calls only set the extra metadata item "MediaTags".
Check out TVExplorer