SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It seems like if you google search "imdb (movie name)" it always finds the right imdb page. Has does google do it?
Funny, I was thinking about adding a Google/IMDB provider hybrid.... because I noticed that google tends to the find the correct result as well
Old 08-31-2008, 04:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
There is a setting in the tool to force it to use ONLY a single genre entry.
Yeah, that fixed it. Would be nice if sage supported multiple genre's.

Again, great tool. Thanks for your contribution!

Matt
Old 08-31-2008, 04:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Use the info editor built into the web server.

B
What info do I change?
Old 09-02-2008, 03:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
What info do I change?
On the page of every recording, there is a link at the bottom like:

Quote:
[Edit Show Info]
Try editing the show info and changing the EPGID to something that starts with MF. You could probably change the first two letters to equal MF and be done with it.

B
Old 09-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Try editing the show info and changing the EPGID to something that starts with MF. You could probably change the first two letters to equal MF and be done with it.

B
Thanks for the help, but it doesn't seem to work. I've tried changing the EPGID to various strings (MF, MF12345, MF(existing digits)). I've also tried it with and without "Auto-Generate New EPxxx EPGID (makes it a TV file and prevents overwrites when EPG updates)" checked.

Regardless of what I do, the recording always remains in the recordings directory.

Anything else I can do to sever the tie between wiz.bin and the file itself - short of moving/renaming the file itself?

thanks
matt
Old 09-06-2008, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh, I am sorry, I wouldn't think that it would move the file to the videos directory. I would think that it move it to the imported videos in wiz.bin though. Is that not the case?

B
Old 09-09-2008, 01:11 AM
Sage User

Question

I'm running the batch import routine and everything appears to work correctly but when I look at the films it has not collected any information about the films. It appears to have got the image, set the genre but nothing much else.
I ran the following command from the command prompt :
java -jar MetadataTool.jar m:\films
and then went into SageTV and click on Refresh Imported Media

I am using SageTV 6.4.8.184, Java 1.6.0_07, SageMC STV 6.3.7a-fix, SageMC Jar 6.3.7a .

Is it something I'm doing wrong ?
Client 2: Media MVP
Client 3: PlaceShifter
Old 09-09-2008, 06:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Try forcing the rebuild as described in an earlier post as well as in the first post of this thread.

B
Old 09-17-2008, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

I just wanted to give a heads up on a new/enhancement tool that i'm currently working on. It's a visual extension to this tool. You can read more about my plans here.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

I think IMDB changed the formatting of their website. The cover art is working correctly, but the details/info is not able to be downloaded. It must be a pain when IMDB changes their site...
Old 10-12-2008, 08:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think IMDB changed the formatting of their website. The cover art is working correctly, but the details/info is not able to be downloaded. It must be a pain when IMDB changes their site...
Which IMDB Provider are you using? I justed tested a movie using the default "stuckless" provider and it got all the details that I expected to see. I did see a post saying that nielm's imdb is currently broken... So, if you are using the 'nielm' provider, then I would think that it might fail. If someone knows that their is update nielm imdb jar, then let me know.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Which IMDB Provider are you using? I justed tested a movie using the default "stuckless" provider and it got all the details that I expected to see. I did see a post saying that nielm's imdb is currently broken... So, if you are using the 'nielm' provider, then I would think that it might fail. If someone knows that their is update nielm imdb jar, then let me know.

Don't mind me. I guess I was having a blond moment?!? The .properties file has all of the correct info. I probably just forgot to rescan the media folder. Thank you for the reply though!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:04 AM
SageTVaholic

no problem... just glad i don't have to fix any code... yet
Old 10-18-2008, 11:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Will this app get a GUI or STVi eventually? Looks like a very powerful tool that is crying out for SageTV * SageMC UI integration
Old 10-18-2008, 11:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Will this app get a GUI or STVi eventually? Looks like a very powerful tool that is crying out for SageTV * SageMC UI integration
Brent, I may, at some point create a stvi.... but unfortunately, SageTV is a linux friendly development environment for STVs. My server is in a basement, and the only way that I can do STVi development is to be on the box, or use vnc...

I'd be willing to work with someone to create a stvi for this tool, but in the mean time, i've been working on a web enabled version of the tool (as I mentioned in my blog).

I have a somewhat functional tool created, but i'm having a love/hate relationship with the gwt api that i've chosen to use. I'm using gwt, because I needed an excuse to learn it.... but I may scrap the whole thing and build a "reqular" web app that can co-exist with nielm's server or the jetty server.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
but in the mean time, i've been working on a web enabled version of the tool (as I mentioned in my blog).

I have a somewhat functional tool created, but i'm having a love/hate relationship with the gwt api that i've chosen to use. I'm using gwt, because I needed an excuse to learn it.... but I may scrap the whole thing and build a "reqular" web app that can co-exist with nielm's server or the jetty server.
You know - a web tool would be as useful if not more useful anyway. If you need someone to test (read break) while you're working on it let me know. Thanks!
Old 10-25-2008, 11:59 AM
Sage Icon

Sean -
On your google code site, you note:

Code:
# java -jar MetadataTool.jar --listProviders

This should list the installed metadata providers. You should see at least 1 provider. 
You may see more depending of the version of the tool, or if you've downloaded other 
provider plugins. See Creating Provider Plugins for information on how to create and 
register your own plugin.
However, I don't see any additional information about creating plugins for other providers.

I like the default IMDB for everything expect the cover art - it's just too small. I end up searching for new art for all my DVDs.

thanks
matt
Old 10-26-2008, 07:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
However, I don't see any additional information about creating plugins for other providers.
Sorry, I have gotten to that portion of the documentation yet. But, the basics would be to write a java plugin (.jar) that would implement the IVideoMetadataProvider interface
Code:
	public static final int SEARCH_TITLE = 0;
	public IProviderInfo getInfo();
	public IVideoMetaData getMetaData(IVideoSearchResult result) throws Exception;
	public IVideoMetaData getMetaData(String providerDataUrl) throws Exception;
	public List<IVideoSearchResult> search(int searchType, String arg) throws Exception;
There isn't much to the interface, but usually the implementation details can be quite quite tricky. One thing to think of, is to create a new composite type plugin that uses an existing imdb provider but you override the image url to do some other lookup at another site.

if you create a plugin the create a .jar of your classes and put it with the other libs in the metadata tools dir. Then update the metadataupdater.properties and add your provider class.

Doing coverart is a very visual thing, which I why I never attempted to do it in the batch command line tool. I am working on a web based tool, that will do coverart as well as movie metadata (it reuses the batch metadata apis). This project does have a "find coverart" feature so that you can update the coverart from a different site than the video metadata (current impl uses google images). It's a work in progress... there have been some challenges but I'm hoping to have a "beta" release sometime in the next few weeks. (of course I also thought that a few weeks back)
Old 10-26-2008, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

I was hoping it would be easy to add a feature which might tell you which movies you had in a DVD Profiler database which were not represented in the available movies in a directory. I had a hard drive die and am looking for an easy way to list out which movies have to be re-ripped.

TIA

B
Old 10-26-2008, 09:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sean,

I was hoping it would be easy to add a feature which might tell you which movies you had in a DVD Profiler database which were not represented in the available movies in a directory. I had a hard drive die and am looking for an easy way to list out which movies have to be re-ripped.

TIA

B
Could you do that with the webserver? Do a search for all DVD's and the ones without covers are the ones you need to re-rip?