SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Congrats on the final release!

Are there any special instructions for updating to the new version?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks a ton for this updated release. Finally solved the problem with the "Ampersand" being stripped off the movie title.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Stuckless,

Congratulations on a great build. I just updated from beta 9 and everything looks great so far.

I did come across one thing: it appears as though I cannot blank out a field from the webUI and save it. There are some shows that have the wrong episode title (they are news shows that should not have a title). If I try to clear out that field, it simply repopulates with the title I had just cleared after I press save.

Don't know if it's a bug or something I did incorrectly, but thought I would mention it just in case.

Cheers
Old 08-18-2009, 11:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean, I guess I wasn't meant to use this addon. Manual On Demand doesnt work for me either in addition to automatic. When I right-click on a show I know it should find in the database, it doesnt find anything.

All I did was extract all 3.0 files into the latest version of sageTV folders on a virgin setup (never had BMI before) and imported the BMI sageMC stvi and enabled fanart options at their defaults... not much to the instructions to get it started.. it just didnt work at all. Thanks anyway.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-19-2009, 06:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Sean,

I was running beta 9 and it was working OK. I downloaded and installed the new version and restarted the Sage service. Now it can't find anything on thetvdb. Is there some configuration changes I should need to make?
I would check the logs and see if there is an error. Also, check the versions from the webui. phoenix should be 1.42 and bmt should be 3.0. But, the mailcheck log file is probably your best bet to see if there is some of error. Nothing has changed with the tvdb provider. Also, check that your providers are still setup correct in the web ui.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Congrats on the final release!

Are there any special instructions for updating to the new version?
I've created a new wiki page, with less information (less overwhelming) for the 3.0 release. The install instructions are basically the same as the update... just extract it. As with any plugin you'll want to check the JARs dir to see if you have any duplicate jars. Remove the duplicates (older versions). And restart sage after you've cleaned up the JARs area.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Stuckless,

Congratulations on a great build. I just updated from beta 9 and everything looks great so far.

I did come across one thing: it appears as though I cannot blank out a field from the webUI and save it. There are some shows that have the wrong episode title (they are news shows that should not have a title). If I try to clear out that field, it simply repopulates with the title I had just cleared after I press save.

Don't know if it's a bug or something I did incorrectly, but thought I would mention it just in case.

Cheers
That sounds like a bug to me.... I'll add a bug report and take a look at it later.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

Thanks for this Sean. All OK for me. Folders being excluded like they should and auto-get metatdata works

Regards,

Nick.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Sean, I guess I wasn't meant to use this addon. Manual On Demand doesnt work for me either in addition to automatic. When I right-click on a show I know it should find in the database, it doesnt find anything.

All I did was extract all 3.0 files into the latest version of sageTV folders on a virgin setup (never had BMI before) and imported the BMI sageMC stvi and enabled fanart options at their defaults... not much to the instructions to get it started.. it just didnt work at all. Thanks anyway.
Because I didn't change anything in the STV... I didn't do any regression testing on those actions. But I just fired up my STV and on-demand searching is hit or miss for me... so there is definately an error there, specifically with doing on-demand lookups on Sage Recordings. I was able to do some lookups on movie items though. Also, you should try the webui, if you haven't installed it yet. At least it will be able to confirm is this is isolated to the stv or a system wide issue for you.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Is there a way to get jetty's older version sense 16 doesn't work?
Old 08-19-2009, 06:52 AM
SageTVaholic

The only thing I did was try to lookup a few TV shows under TV Recordings which didnt show anything in the lookup. I will also try looking up movies. I attempted to load jetty but have a small issue. I'm not sure how to load both the SageTV Webserver and Jetty on sageTV startup. The instructions for jetty say; separated by semicolons (if I remember correctly); but never could load both automatically on startup. Could you copy paste what you have for loading both? I think I remember you saying use use the standard websever in addition to jetty.

BTW: For whatever it's worth, thanks so much for all your help now and in the past. I tried putting myself in your shoes; and probably would hate hearing from a person like me who constantly cant get things working; especially after a big, full release. Honestly, I sincerely want your plugin to be one of the most successful and popular plugins for any user (even novice users that dont install the webui; using just defaults) that tries it now and in the future. What I'm trying to say is, believe it or not, I would be happier to know it works fully for not only on my system, but on pretty much anyone's system; and, I have this good feeling it will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Because I didn't change anything in the STV... I didn't do any regression testing on those actions. But I just fired up my STV and on-demand searching is hit or miss for me... so there is definately an error there, specifically with doing on-demand lookups on Sage Recordings. I was able to do some lookups on movie items though. Also, you should try the webui, if you haven't installed it yet. At least it will be able to confirm is this is isolated to the stv or a system wide issue for you.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-19-2009, 07:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This is the same problem I am having. The webUI doesn't work for these episodes for me either. The Show Title and Episode Title are both blank and it isn't identified as TV. When I fill in these 3 items It gets information, but not for the specific episode just the basic for the series.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I'm using version Jetty 1.6 without any problem.
Client: Fire TV Stick 4K
Old 08-19-2009, 08:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I would try again using jetty 1.6... but make sure that jetty 1.6 is fully working before testing bmt. Jetty 1.6 required that you clean up your JARs dir and remove a bunch of 6.0.11 jars. Make sure you get them all. I'm running bmt on jetty 1.6 (and I believe others are as well), so there should not be an issue with using 1.6.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The only thing I did was try to lookup a few TV shows under TV Recordings which didnt show anything in the lookup. I will also try looking up movies. I attempted to load jetty but have a small issue. I'm not sure how to load both the SageTV Webserver and Jetty on sageTV startup. The instructions for jetty say; separated by semicolons (if I remember correctly); but never could load both automatically on startup. Could you copy paste what you have for loading both? I think I remember you saying use use the standard websever in addition to jetty.
I always epect a flurry of posts after a release... it's good hear it's working for some... sad that it doesn't work for all

Here's my entry for both servers...
Code:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer;sagex.jetty.starter.Main
It's semi-colon separated.... and you'll need to configure jetty to use a port other than 8080.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
This is the same problem I am having. The webUI doesn't work for these episodes for me either. The Show Title and Episode Title are both blank and it isn't identified as TV. When I fill in these 3 items It gets information, but not for the specific episode just the basic for the series.
Maybe you can post the filenames... I'll try it in my environment. Also, when you are doing lookups from the web ui for tv shows... you have to fill in the Media Title, Season and Episode fields and then click find metadata. For TV shows the search will just return the matches for the show name... and when you select it, it will then pull out the specific season/episode information.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Youre not going to believe this. LOL, I didn't think it was possible, but pretty much everything doesnt work.. now, jetty 1.6 is on that list. However, you're right, movie on demand lookup still works.

I followed the basic instructions for jetty to get it working; even without neilm webserver. I am certain I followed the directions; and even rechecked everything. A while back when I had tried an older version of BMI, I was getting consistently working On Demand at least and Jetty up and running.

Just a suggestion... if BMI and jetty are so sensitive to have just the right environment to work, it would be a good idea to include some kind of utility to check for file versions, missing files, files that are not needed anymore/duplicates, java version, etc. This utility can also output a log file which users can post when they have issues with getting BMI to work correctly.

Quote:
I always epect a flurry of posts after a release... it's good hear it's working for some... sad that it doesn't work for all

Here's my entry for both servers...
Code:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer;sagex.jetty.starter.Main
It's semi-colon separated.... and you'll need to configure jetty to use a port other than 8080.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 08-19-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Just a suggestion... if BMI and jetty are so sensitive to have just the right environment to work, it would be a good idea to include some kind of utility to check for file versions, missing files, files that are not needed anymore/duplicates, java version, etc.
BMT used to do that before I changed the jars to NOT include versions. That's why the bmt jars are just phoenix.jar, sagex-api.jar, metadata-updater.jar, etc. I used to use version #s (which I still prefer), but it was too many people were having issues with duplicate jars. So I wrote code in bmt to autocheck the bmt jars on startup, and to remove older versions, if they existed.

As for jetty... that's not my project... but it should be pretty easy to tell if you jave duplicate jetty jars, since they are all start with jetty, just sort them in windows explorer and then remove duplicates with lower version #s.

duplicate jars is a problem for any plugin that provides a jar file with version #s in the jar file name.

Also, check the sagetv_0.txt log file, since you will see the jetty startup there. it will output messages about deploying webapps, and it will report a message that it is listening on port #### once it started. If you try to access jetty before it has finished deploying the apps, then you'll jet an error in the browser.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Actually, I dont have any Jetty duplicate/old JARs since this install is a virgin BMT/Jetty setup (I reverted to a clean non-BMT sageTV setup after giving up on BMT 2.x. I noticed you told plucky to check for duplicates and other JARs. Maybe he doesnt have duplicates either.. and probably something to do with other jar files. Im pretty sure I have all the latest jars needed for other plugins (most of them shared). When I get home from work, I will see if/how jetty is failing from starting up via the sageTV log.

This may sound really naive; especially since I dont write code.... but can't you just make a large jar (integrating pheonix, jetty, etc)? This way there's less dependencies to worry about. I'm thinking, there's gotta be a way to make BMT more dependable. I think in the past MauiMike offered a suggestion with code that would make things more dependable (maybe I misunderstood his coding suggestion).

Quote:
BMT used to do that before I changed the jars to NOT include versions. That's why the bmt jars are just phoenix.jar, sagex-api.jar, metadata-updater.jar, etc. I used to use version #s (which I still prefer), but it was too many people were having issues with duplicate jars. So I wrote code in bmt to autocheck the bmt jars on startup, and to remove older versions, if they existed.

As for jetty... that's not my project... but it should be pretty easy to tell if you jave duplicate jetty jars, since they are all start with jetty, just sort them in windows explorer and then remove duplicates with lower version #s.

duplicate jars is a problem for any plugin that provides a jar file with version #s in the jar file name.

Also, check the sagetv_0.txt log file, since you will see the jetty startup there. it will output messages about deploying webapps, and it will report a message that it is listening on port #### once it started. If you try to access jetty before it has finished deploying the apps, then you'll jet an error in the browser.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hey there- I got this loaded (funny, it was only 2 nights ago I jumped back into Sage fiddling, and had installed the last beta of it), and it looks great. Thanks for the impressive work on this!

I've got a couple of questions though. I'm running up-to-date SageMC, etc, but there are a couple of niggles with what BMT does, and a couple of questions about what to use with BMT.

1. When I tell it to scan DVDs- it appears to work with a couple of niggles; it took all of my Battlestar Galactica DVDs (previously titled Battlestar Galactica S1D1 etc), and reset the titles to "Battlestar Galactica"- so now under iMovies they are indistinguishable from one another. Is iMovies simply using the wrong fields, and needing an update, or is there something to adjust under BMT?

2. When I have it scan DVDs, the only ones it shows me are ones which it didn't feel it could match Metadata for. Any possibility it could show *everything* it scanned so that if we'd like to touch-up metadata, or if it's matched against something with a very similiar title, and we need to point it at something different, we have that opportunity?

3. It appeared unable to match metadata for the movie "Léon". A straight search on imdb comes up with it, so I'm going to guess it's got issues with the special character. Also, when I adjusted the title to "The Professional" in the BMT interface and re-ran the search, it still was unable to find metadata for it. I suspect it's pulling the title from the existing metadata, instead of from the web form, leaving me unable to adjust what it's searching for.

4. When I have it scan recordings- it simply appears to fail at looking up metadata. My TV shows all have metadata already in them from SageMC + neilm, but it appears unable to locate results for any of them. From the jetty interface, I select one of my TV recordings- an episode of Breaking Bad for example- I choose "Find Metadata", and it comes back with 0 results. This is consistent across all the shows I have recorded. tvdb is enabled as a provider, and searching for "Breaking Bad" on tvdb immediately comes back with the various languages it is available in. Any guesses what might be going on here?

Those are the issues I have inside BMT... now I've got a couple questions about what is suggested to use BMT with. I can tell BMT has downloaded multiple posters, backgrounds, etc for my movies... and I recall the original Phoenix API discussions talking about allowing the user to pick their preferred images- what if any addons allow you to do that? I poked around in the latest moviewall addon and didn't find that, nor did I find anything resembling that in current SageMC. Is there a UI for this in anything currently released yet?

Last- I recall there were a lot of discussions about how the fanart API would work, and flagging where fanart images came from; what if I have an image I've personally touched up or created. Can I simply copy it into the fanart directory structure and have it work?

Cheers
Ikarius

SageTV 6.6.2, SageMC+CenterSage Theme
Server: Intel Core2 Q6600, 8gb memory, 3x 1tb WD EACS drives, software RAID5 2tb capacity, 4gb Flash boot drive, Ubuntu 8.0.4 Server edition
Capture: 1x HD-PVR -> Motorola DTC6200
Clients: 1x STX-HD100 1x STX-HD200, Windows & OSX Clients

Last edited by Ikarius; 08-19-2009 at 11:14 AM.